Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
Okay, so I rarely ever post anything on here, but I check out the forums 2-3 times a week…

My family owns a 2008 Malibu VLX with a DHM trailer. The boat only has about 40 hours on it and we got it June 2008, its probably been out about 10 times.

We went out 2 weeks ago for the weekend, when we took the boat out of the water we noticed scratches on the hull, perfectly even on both sides of the hull where the hull meets the two front bunkers. We put the boat back in the water and find that the carpet on the trailer is really thin, to the point to where you could see the wood of the bunkers.

We finally got a chance last Friday to drive the boat back to the dealer to have them take a look at it. They snap couple of photos and send them off to California Trailer Works out of Sacramento.

I got a phone call today from California Trailer Works and they said that they would re-carpet the bunkers for us if we drove the boat up to Sacramento. I was happy to know that they would fix the carpeting, but when I asked who was going fix the damage caused by the trailer, the guy told me that it was my responsibility.

What are your opinions on this? I am really flustered in regards to this incident. When I contacted my dealer they said that I would have to deal with the trailer company directly.

HELP!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Did you buy the boat new? If so I would expect some one to fix it. If the dealer won't step up I would contact manufacture.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Yea, the boat was purchased BRAND NEW....
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-08-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
We have a 2009 VLX on an Extreme Trailer. We are having the same problem. Keep in mind that our boat has a all black hull.
The dealer is going to fix any scratches on the hull and deal with the bunk problem this fall as part of their great customer service.
Not to pour salt in the wound, but I would seriously consider this type of customer service when buying your next boat. You bought the boat from the dealer not the trailer or boat manufacturer. They should be the ones taking care of you.
Think about it in terms of cars. If you bought a $60-80K car you would be expecting the redcarpet treatment and you would be getting it.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Ya I would expect somebody to take care of it. Thats messed up they said they would not fix the hull.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-08-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I just spent $700 getting a 2007 DHM trailer fixed. Brakes and bearings were bad. DHM is out of business. If California Trailer Works takes care of you, it is out of the goodness of their heart. Unfortunately, my dealer and trailer manufacturer are both out of business. It sucks, but that's the state of the industry right now.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
PDXWAKE - Thanks, I am going to try to re-contact my dealer, just like you said ... this is where the customer service comes into play...

Peter - That sucks... I didn't know that DHM closed doors... but my dealer is still kicking, so lets see if they step up...
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-08-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
"I didn't know that DHM closed doors" A couple of their employees started California Trailer Works. They are good guys, but they in no way are obligated to do anything for any DHM trailers.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
Peter- Thanks for the info... Like I said earlier - I was happy to hear that they said that they would re-carpet the trailer, very cool of them, but I am still upset that the boat is getting scratched... Sorry - I am just still flustered...