Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-27-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
Where exactly do you spray the fogging oil on an the Monsoon 340 EFI engine. There really is no apparent throttle body under the flame arrestor.

Thanks for any quick replies
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-27-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
On my Lexus marine engine, I pull the plugs, blast a 2 second burst down into the 4 valve hemispherical combustion chamber, then replace the plug. I do this for all 8 cylinders, then turn the engine over for a coupla seconds with the ignition kill switch removed. Your engine would be the same, minus the hemi heads and four valves:-)

You can't spray fogging oil into an MPI system, it doesn't have any kind of throttle body. This is actually the best way to do it, it gets right into the cylinders without going through the fuel system. Hope that was quick enough!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-28-2005, 1:05 AM Reply   
Psyclone,

Thanks for the reply, seems to be the common solution.
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-28-2005, 3:11 AM Reply   
just to add to what psyclone said...even for carbed engines, you still want to spray the fogging oil into the cylinders via the plug holes as well as dousing the inside of the carb.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
I have another question to add.....

If I plan on taking my boat out once a month throughout the winter, do I need to fog the engine? If I do fog the engine will I do any harm to it by running it shortly after fogging?
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
No, you don't need to fog it unless it will sit idle for several months, and no it won't hurt it if you run it after fogging. It will just smoke like a house fire when you first start it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Rich.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-28-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
Pete, why you gotta put "hemi" and "tan lex-lan" in the same sentence? You really wear your hemi on your sleeve. Would you like Chevron Super with them quad cams? You forgot to slip in the "six-bolt-main" in there. Wazzup with that?

Sorry...back to winterization. Bimini off, check. Cockpit dinner table back in the rafters, check. Silver super-sunning girly float deal stowed in closet, check. Alright, consider us winterized.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-29-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
They are four bolt mains but they are actually cross bolt mains, much cooler. It's a long skirt block, like an old 427 ford or a DOHC ford.

Mine just puffs out a little smoke when I first start it. It's worth the trouble to get the peace of mind to me. Fogging, that is.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-30-2005, 5:52 AM Reply   
??? I've got the Monsoon and I fog it at the air intake. Works fine for me. I just keep squirting until I see smoke coming out of the exhaust(usually about 1/3 of a can of fogging oil). I don't add oil to each cylinder as I think that's overkill with todays engines. You could also have hydraulic lock problems if you put in too much.

I've done it this way for years, works great. Hope this helps.