Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2011, 11:37 PM Reply   
Wondering which one people suggest? I see some pros wearing the CTI. My insurance is paying for it so money should not factor in. I want a top notch one that will work for all sports. Mainly wakeboarding/ surfing
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-10-2011, 5:36 AM Reply   
You answered your own question there bud. CTI with the anti-migration straps.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-10-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
Thanks, I kinda thought that
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-13-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
There are a ton of threads on this very topic, I'll be a nice guy and summarize them for you, most users have said the DonJoy slips and moves around, Breg got decent reviews, but CTI was the overwhelming winner. I have one and love it, great for riding and I even used mine for bball this season.
1) CTI
2) Breg
3) DonJoy
Old     (brett_cti_knee_braces)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-14-2011, 12:34 AM Reply   
Hey Tony,
If you decide to go with a CTi, be sure to let your doc know which model CTi custom you want. There are 3 different models and are basically defined by the amount of carbon fiber used in them. I usually recommend the VAPOR model CTi. It is lighter weight than the standard and ProSport, but still plenty rigid/strong enough for both wakeboarding and surfing. That is the model that I put all our team riders in. Unfortunately, Docs often see ProSport as a model of CTi and assume that it is the best for all sports. It is usually overkill for most patients as it was designed more for activities like MX and football.

Also, ask for an AMS wrap when your doc is filling out your data form. It is free of charge if ordered with the brace. It will also help reduce migration.

Good luck with your rehab... ride safe... have fun.
...Brett
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
I have had my CTI's for several years now, and not only do they fit like a glove, but if you ever have an issue, their customer service is second to none. You don't see any of the other companies chiming in on this forum, which to me, says a lot. Brett is the man, and so is CTI.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
Good to know Brett. I actually picked a ProSport based on some of the product lit you guys had out. Remember reading some reference to high impact/wakeboarding/ProSport being the way to go. Even so, weight is definitely not an issue. Thing is crazy light.

My doc had no idea on CTI, pretty sure I'm the first one they've ordered. The docs and trainers at the Ortho center where I had my knee done were oooing and aaahhing over it cause it was the first one they'd seen. They said it's way lighter than the DonJoys, which is what they typically use.
Old     (brett_cti_knee_braces)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-17-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
That is good to hear DYOST! Don't get me wrong... I still consider any of our 3 carbon options (or models) better solutions than what other manufacturers offer. Glad to see that you were able to expose a new doc to our products. Hopefully, he will go the CTi route for his next patient that rides. Thanks!

Hey Brandon... you were missed at Wake Games this year! Let me know if you end up heading down to Canyon at all this year?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-18-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
CTI 2

don't waist your time on anything less.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
Brett- Yeah I just couldn't get away from work this year. I am already planning on hitting it next year though. I will hit you up for sure when I get down to Canyon Lake.