Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    ldp            10-16-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
I test drove the Malibu and the Mastercraft this weekend. For a few reasons, I'm leaning towards the MC. The only drawback is that the cruise control system on the MC was pretty bad while the perfect pass on the Malibu was great. The main problem w/ the MC was that the boat would accelerate to about 28 mph before it would finally get to the appropriate riding speed (around 23.) It literally took about 8 to 10 seconds at this high speed and at least 100 yards before it settled. You can imagine that this would be undesireable for new riders or even more experienced riders if you are in choppy water. Any suggestions for making the MC system work better? I saw one thread talk about upgrading the MC system to perfect pass. Has anyone done that?