Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
I loaned my engine hoist to someone and they can't seem to find the jack handle that goes with it. It's one of those that has the notches on one end that you use to unscrew the set screw to lower the jack.

Do any of yall know where I could get another one?
thanks
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2012, 10:53 PM Reply   
tell whoever you loaned it to that if they can't find the handle they are going to need to buy you a new engine hoist complete...maybe they will find it then.
you really can't loan people stuff because of this exact reason. they just don't care like they would if it was THEIRS. losing the handle is their way of saying "thank you"
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-10-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
Ha, I would, but it's my darn near 80 year old dad. He uses it to hitch and unhitch his travel trailer. He claims that I never got it to him, but I can't find it anywhere.
I'm sure that I've lost/kept several of his tools over the years.
I just need a new one.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-10-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Fabricate. I have used a long breaker bar and had an appropriate socket tack-welded onto the valve stud. It works very well and you can use the breaker bar for other things. Harbor Freight has inexpensive, but strong and durable bars.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
i took an old floor jack handle i had layin around, notched the end with my dremel, and worked great.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
yeah you're right if it's your Dad it's just payback for all those lost tools LOL