Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old    Slingshot            09-21-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
So last night we were on my buddys 01 SAN 210 with the GT-40. Everything was going great. Our 4th rider was up, while we were driving him, the boat just lost power for a second. It was like someone cut the throttle back and then threw it back up. It did this 3 times so we stopped. Now this was not the tranny slipping because the engine was not reving up when it happened. It was like the throttle was cut. The owner of the boat left the plug out a week ago and water got up to the starter before they drained it. I was thinking maybe the fuel pump got wet or something... Has this happened to anyone else before? Do Nautiques have electrical issues that can cause this? It was weird...
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-21-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
dirty fuel filter?
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-21-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Check the wires connected to the fuel pump. Take them off and crimp them tighter. They can loosen up.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-21-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
This has happened to me twice. Both times it was low oil pressure. i checked the dip stick... and no OIL...YIKES. Added oil=back to normal.

-UJ
Old    Slingshot            09-21-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Cool I will check it out. Thanks guys!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Also check the fuses at the battery they are the push type holder and they can wiggle loose. On my 2000 model we were running dubs, went through one and then dead in the water lost all power and engine quit. It would short and reconnect as the wires bounces. I soldered in new ones after I found the problem and it never happened again. They were right at the battery on the pos cable
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
low oil/tranee/vdrive fluid
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Not SAN specific, but have seen something similar happen when the emergency kill switch, that red lanyard thingy almost no one uses, gets loose or worn out. Simple to check and fix.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-21-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
If the perfect pass has low voltage it will do that. Also if the throttle position sensor is loose it will do that also...
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-21-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
You are temporarily going into limp mode. You have a oil or water temp sensor going out. Go run the boat with the wire off of the sensor one at a time to narrow it down.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-21-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
If you end up pulling the canister to check the fuel filter be sure to take a good look at the rubber hose the high pressure fuel pump hangs down from. My Supra with the GT40 was having similar issues where it would lose power and it ended up being that small peice of hose had a crack in it so it could not maintain any fuel pressure.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-21-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
mine did the same thing on Sunday. I think it is fuel filter. They say you need to change them once a year because of the gas has changed? I havent changed mine in two or three years.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Like Brad said you are going into PCM engine management "limp mode". This can happen because one of the PCM engine sending units are sending a signal that there is something wrong to the control module. Look at your water temp and make sure it is not high, and make sure you have enough oil and oil pressure. I would assume something is actually wrong and not disconnect any sending units.
Old     (mrsluggorides)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-27-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
Had this happen on my Sport Nautique and it was the Emergency Kill Switch Red Lanyard mentioned above. The switch had some slack in the button, replaced it and the problem went away.