Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-18-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Hi, my dad owns a nautique crossover 211 and is interested in purchasing a trailer for it in the immediate future. (before the winter)

Therefore, i am inclined to ask if anybody on here has ever had a Venture trailer, and if so, what are his/her opinions/reviews/any miscellaneous inputs about the company/trailer.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-18-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Never heard of Venture I went with Boatmate and I am very pleased with it.

[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/mypics004.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
I have never heard of Venture, you want one because they are close to you?

If you are open to options you might look into extreme, trail rite, boatmate, dhm (another owner now). All nice trailers.
Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-18-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
my father wants one becasue they are so effing cheap. he doesnt understand (no matter how many times i tell him) that you NEED a trailer that is specific to the hull that you have. boatmate doesn't have any locations within a couple 1000 miles where i live (CT) although i did talk to a guy there a couple times.

I think he (my dad) doesnt wanna drop 4 - 4.5K on a trailer, even though a functioning trailer is essential to the well-being of his newly purchased boat.

can somebody here just say that Venture sucks so i can tell him people on here agree that Venture is garbage hahahaha?

k thanks guys.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-18-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I looked at their website and I didn't see any with prop gaurds. Those trailers are meant for i/o's and outboards. They are just cheap bolt together galvanized trailers.

Just tell your dad if he doesn't have a trailer or a piece of crap one like that it is really going to bring down the value of the boat if he ever wants to sell it. Pretty much all wakeboats are expected to have a nicer tandem axle painted trailer.

What you need to do is find a used trailer or order a painted tandem trailer. Most know a days are full box frames but you probably build up a cheaper one like a V/M with a C channel frame, steel wheels, and regular lighting. Even though it should be cheaper than the high end new one's it shouldn't bring down the value too much when selling.

(Message edited by polarbill on September 18, 2009)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Took a look on the website and there are a few bunk trailers that might work. As Brett states, I did not see any with a prop guard.

I have been trailering my 211 around for the past 5 years. My trailer is a bit of a low rider but I like it that way, I like being able for my wife to be able to see inside the boat from the street. My prop guard is very close to the prop and rudder , it has rollers and they are used whenever I go in or out of a driveway with any slope at all. Without a prop guard I don't think I could make it to the lake once without destroying my prop and rudder. My trailer is a Zieman, they are out of business. Boatmate and Dorsey are the most common trailers for these boats. If your dad values his boat he may want to stick with a proven product. The chine edge on the 211 is easily destroyed with the wrong trailer. Feel free to give him my contact info if he has any questions.

mikeskiw@gmail.com

Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Note proper bunk spacing on a 211 is narrow in front of the prop then wide at the rear 3' to allow for the prop clearance.