Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 09 LF board and my 07 transits only fit one set of hole patterns, my only stance option is all the way out. I was wondering if I need to purchase their new retrofit lock kit in order to place my bindings at a narrower stance. I haven't had a chance to contact the boardshop I purchased the board through to find out if that will work. Has anyone else run into this, and will the retrofit lock kit work with my 07 transits. thanks
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
The retrofit locks are for new bindings on old boards. I would try to contact them to see if there's any options for you. They have contact info for everyone at liquid force nearly and they email you back really soon.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-05-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
i have LF 07 boots on an 09 board, but i prefer the widest stance so it isn't a problem. however, 07 boots aren't as far out as 09 boots would be (cos the base plate is wider on the 07s) - i'm not sure if they took this into account when positioning the holes, but i'd imagine so. in that case, it might not actually be as wide as you think? have you tried them on in the widest position?

p.s. as darren said, the retrofit locks definitely won't work for old boots on a new board.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-05-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Why do companies do this? Stupid. I would be riding the new watson bindings had LF not changed the pattern last year. Instead I am Obrien Xenon's for all three of my boards .... sorry LF you lost my business.
Old     (trevo55)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-05-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
well from my understanding the more narrow baseplate makes for a stiffer baseplate, older bindings had really thick materials so a 8in or whatever it was hole pattern was needed to get the footbed and overlays and everything in there now that materials are getting thinner we can use a more narrow hole pattern, yea sucks in the short run till its been going on for a few years and everyone has switched over but long run i think its good. as long as hyperlite gets with the program
Old     (adama)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-23-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Steve, Your 07 boots are actually 1 in.