Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-19-2009, 2:40 AM Reply   
Which is better, I can only attens one of them?
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       01-19-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Seattle - hands down.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-19-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
^ And Vancouver's hands down over Seattle's.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Never been to the BC show myself ...... why is it better?

Seattle typically has more boats & vendors than Tacoma. Do all those US companies make it up to BC too?
Old    AWS            01-19-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
Just got into Seattle to start setting up! Stop by the Active Water Sports booth we'll have some good stuff to check out!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-20-2009, 2:16 AM Reply   
Wait a second... isn't AWS from Oregon?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Active & Ski Masters (Kenmore) have always worked the NW shows closely.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-20-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Last year a couple of friend's and I made the trip down to Seattle for the weekend to check out the boat show and were a little disappointed compared to what we get up here in BC. The local dealers up here bring quite a few different models of boats. Vancouver gets in Svfara as well which are beautiful boats inside if you have never been in one. No rail jam in Seattle... There were a couple other things but overall I think Vancouver does a better show.

The only thing Seattle was great for was that I was allowed to walk around with a big ol beer in my hand which cost the same as here but you got 3 times as much.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       01-20-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Seattle has more variety of boats, especially tow boats. Tacoma is a nice show to get boards or gear at. I go to both every year. Last year i bought my Supra (From Kevin at Gonnasons) at the Seattle boat show and my wakeboard at the Tacoma boat show (from Active Water Sports).
Parking is free at the Tacoma show and the tickets are less.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-20-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
so not much gear at seattle? thats half the fun, how do you promote our sport with just the boats and not all the cool gear?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
- You know that that Wiley's & Adrenaline will be there with tons of gear.
- Plus Greg already said that Active is in the house.
- Jack at Sandspike will have his booth.
- Pro Tour is out of business so they won't have anything.
- Who knows if Gonnasons will be there or have gear.
- I don't recall Bakes ever having much gear in the past, mostly all boats. Haven't heard yet if their doing Axis.
- Copes is out, but you gotta think that UWS will have a presence of some kind there. Maybe they can take Olympic Boat Center's spot?!

I doubt there will be a shortage on gear.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-20-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Wiley's too! There will be tons of gear...
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-20-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Bakes will have an Axis at the show from what i understand... I was down there yesterday dropping my boat off for service and their first Axis was being delivered. It was all wrapped up so i didn't get a good look at it. I am looking forward to checking it out at the show.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
I second Dave's post

Vancouver's show is awesome. February seriously can't come fast enough.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       01-23-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Gonnason's is there with the Supra's and Moomba's, but no gear. I didn't get to go to the Premier last night but am planning on going next weekend.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2009, 8:11 PM Reply   
Last day of Seattle show tomorrow! Great buys on gear and boats, come in before the Super Bowl! Jeff, I never saw you, hope you have a chance to say hi!
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       02-01-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I had plans to go yesterday but got tied up all day. Hope your sales were good this year Kevin and that more people are as excited as I was when I bought my boat last year.
Anybody looking for a standup guy, talk to Kevin at the Supra/Moomba exhibit at the boat show. I bought my boat last year on the last day from him and he treated me right.