Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-13-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Hey-

I'm looking to get a video camera this year and use it mostly for shooting wakeboarding and try and compile something at the end of the year. I'm looking for some advice on specific vid cams to buy for around $4-500. I'm not looking to make anything professional, but want to know what is good for this at that price range or close.

Any tips?

Thanks!
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-13-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
I just got a Sony HDD cam from Best buy for around $450.. Like size, how it works, storage space on 30GB HDD.. I am having difficult getting it to edit though. I can offload to computer and it plays in media player, but when I load in Editing software, it does not play right! Not sure what issue is...
I have been using the free Microsoft Movie Maker for a couple of years and it is ok for basic stuff. I also have Pinnacle and it is better with a few more options.. I just need to spend a few hours playing with it to learn more.
Look at the JVC HDD cams or the sony. Sony in that price range has a bit more features, I THINK. I had mini DV Canon prior to this. The 30GB hard drive models have PLENTY of storage space and are easier / faster to transfer to computer.
BW
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       05-13-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Try the Cannon HG10 at Costco $750 at costco, $1100 at Best buy
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-13-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
You could probably find a used Cannon GL1 for around that price. Thats what I'd suggest. They are capable of capturing really good picture.
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
Panasonic PV-GS320. Bought mine for $600 last year, should be cheaper now. It's a small 3 chip. Mini DV format. Captures amazing pictures especially for the price.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at them all and pick from the pack. That Costco Cannon HG10 might be the way to go.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Do you guys use tripods in the boat or just hold on to the camera?
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-16-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
i only hit rails. so i picked up a waterproof casing and all filming is done directly beside the rail.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-17-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
The HG10 is an HD video camera as well. It's what I've been filming with for the past couple of months, and if you pop the UV filter on it, it is an incredible camera, and the video footage quality is awesome.