Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
i was wondering what makes them better than the rest of the boards from hyperlite or other companys
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-04-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
They are supposed to be lighter, stronger, and more flexible. I guess they are similar to the Platinum CWB boards. I wouldn't spend $800 on one.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-04-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
The sub 6, byerly monarch,and murray are incredible light, also the rest of the boards have all droped alot of weight.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
what do you guys think about the premeir or the b-side i was thinking about getting one of those
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-04-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
Thats what I was thinking too. Premier, B-side, or Marius
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-04-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
I havnt ridden the BSide or the NEW premier, but they havnt changed the shape at all (Premier), but have dropped some of the weight so that's gotta be pretty sweet. It's a great ride. BIG consistant pop, pretty good landings. I really like the Premier.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-05-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Does the new Legacy weigh less? I rode one last year and likes it but it was pretty heavy.

(Message edited by duckguy on November 05, 2007)
Old     (h2o_junkee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-05-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
The new Legacy is lighter....no more leather top
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Matt, its 2 lbs lighter i believe. i still feels heavy but i picked up an 07 and then an 08 and felt a big difference
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-05-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Is there a byerly type riding board that is real light?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-05-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
the tribute almost looks like an 07 marius, dont know how light it is, but i wood like to give one a try
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-05-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
with the old hyperlite boards what is the difference between DNA and BIO boards

(Message edited by dooie on November 05, 2007)
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       11-05-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Heres what I got (correct me if theirs errors);

The DINE boards are suppose to use a new type of PVC wrapping inside its core - that makes them lighter and snappier.

The byerly boards are also alot lighter. The legacy is totally updated (graphics and texture) and lighter. The other byerly board???? (cant think of its name) is supper light- probably the closest to the Sub weight. Its got a killer shape and rocker, which leads me to believe it'll be a highly demanded board except its not going to be cheap ($600's).

As for the BIO boards- they all looked killer with some great R&D into the decking and bottoms. They also felt extremely light (IMO).

Just giving my 411, not pushing - DEMO DEMO
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-05-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
The boards are stronger and lighter and do have more flex. The materials used for the core are 20 times the price that it takes to make the current foam board. The process involves more time and staff to make each board. Made in the U.S.A(inncentive enough for me to spend more). I have my Murray 140 on order....should be done soon and it is being hand crafted in Seattle right now. The D.I.N.E series will change wakeboarding. The boards are quite different than any traditional current foam production board. Don't rip and speculate on if the boards are going to be good or not.....ride one for yourself. You will see what I mean once you demo one of these boards. Check out the Byerly Monarch too. It has the same core. It will Rip!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-05-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
The DINE series won't change wakeboarding. All it's doing is adding a few premium shapes to Hyperlite's lineup.