Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old    bocephus            09-11-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
Go to http://www.switchbladewake.com/ and click on the for High Bandwidth Users video. What kind of board is that? I assume that is an old board, what happened to that idea? Is that the same concept of the Gator G-Flow that I never could find for sale?? Just curious, I saw the board and wondered what the heck...

Thanks!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Its a Jobe from a few years back. It may have already been called J-star, But same company.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
See here it is, Its a J-star Flow.
Upload
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
I really hope they didn't pay the person that put that website together. Why would you have the opening page with a video on it that basically does nothing for the product?? Doesn't describe the good, and that's great that Ike likes it, but seriously!
Old    bocephus            09-11-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
Interesting...I guess it's J-Star Flow:

Here is what the board guide says:

After countless prototypes and tons of rides later, The Flow is finished and ready to rock. Ike really came through with a killer new design that we are sure will influence the sport in the years ahead, we believe this board rides and performs like no other. Ike and the rest of the team were screaming for something a bit different to freeride with; something different when they wanted it. This is it.
You decide. We built the board, you ride it. We say this board is the next generation of the sport. With our unique patented Quadra Glide Flow System this board tracks, edges and holds on a rail like you wouldn’t believe. Not only does the Flow keep you locked when you want, but with a killer new rocker line we call the Stage, the stage is set for you to explode off the wake and land like butter.

The flow not only tracks well, it helps soften landings with its unique exit channels. Try it and let us know what YOU think. We think it’s the future and hope you agree. Designed by Ike and tested by him and the rest of the JStar team, they know it’s the real deal, but what do you think? Ride it and let us know.

Limited Edition Base graphics, 4 different graphics will be released in limited runs. 20 of these boards will also be signed by our entire team. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones to pull one out of the box.

Three-Stage Abrupt Rocker Line – Killer pops off the wake with a more stable entry. All the benefits of a continuous rocker line with the snap of the three-stage. This rocker line is a blend of our best-selling Lyman continuous and Conformity three-Stage.
Quadra Glide Flow System – Designed to lock in and cut when you want it, yet release and glide when you need it. More forgiveness on landings, more control on edge than ever before.
Molded-In Fins - Help improve the boards traction in the water and provide stability when landing.
Flow Base – This new material not only flows better over the water, but is also much more durable than other bases currently on the market.
Two 0.8” Forged Aluminum Fins – These fins release quickly and improve tracking.
Crystal Impact Top/Flow Bottom

Interesting concept, did anyone ever buy one and how did it work? I guess it didn't work that well or we would all have them right?

Thanks BG!
Old     (cookie)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Check out the HL Tribute - is this the same concept or is it just the graphics?

Upload