Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-07-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Just bought a 06 V Ride. Want to install a 12" sub. Any suggestions on a location. I was thinking under the dash on drivers side. Is the pass. locker a good play and would you loose a lot of bass with the seat/door closed.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-07-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
Under driver dash has been the best in my experience. I have tried it under the passenger side and you do tend to lose a lot of bass.
Old     (alt_adjust)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-07-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I've got 2 10"s in my passenger locker of my LSV. With the the locker closed, you do loose some bass however it still sounds good. When we are just sitting around, I will open up the locker to give the subs a little more pop. You can tell a difference with the locker open and closed, but I am still happy with where mine went.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-07-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
I had mine mounted on my 2002 VLX under the passanger seat and in order to get better bass response you had to open up the seat. On my 2003 it was mounted unter the dash and sounded much better.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-07-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
I have a twelve mounted by the drivers feet and the other twelve is mounted in the passenger compartment in my 06 V-ride. I found this to be the best location. It sounds pretty good with the hatch shut and if you want to get more sound with the hatch shut take out the cup holders and it will act as a port as in a sub box that is ported. Let me know if you need some help or if you want some pics
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-07-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
Good idea chris..