Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
How would the wake on this boat be.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=626675
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-06-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
good but not great i got a 93 malibu euro f3 skier, we throw about 150 in the back 300 on each side of the engine hatchand about another 100 in the nose and throws a very nice wake, any more and youll have trouble with waves swamping the bow. But the wake is very clean with a nice crisp peak and comes well above my knee@23mph and 77ft thats the sweet spot:-).Ill get ya a wake pic after this weekend, first run of the year baby!
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-06-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Wakeman, I had a 94 Malibu Skier for 9 years (same hull as that 89). It was a great boat, but not for wakeboarding. I bought it because I love to slalom, and in 94, wakeboarding wasn't really on the scene. When my kids started wakeboarding we outgrew that boat. My son is probably your age, and he progressed and became very limited by that boat. The best we could ever get is what I described as a well-formed "medium" size wake. And we sacked it out. It is a small boat. If you keep adding weight it gets dangerous and washes out anyway.

Don't get me wrong. It is a well made boat and is much better than no boat. I have been watching your posts and know you want a boat primarily for boarding. There are only a couple of boats under $10K that will fit your needs, the 2001 being one of them. Maybe some of the Supra's, but this is not my area of expertise. Look nationally, not just where you are.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Hey thats my boat! i use two 400s on the side of the motor and a bow sac. the front sac is permanently plumbed in. Got any questions let me know
whitelye@gmail.com
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Thanks guys