Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-09-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
I have a 04 suburban that I am debating on extending the warranty. I haven't had many issues but I was wondering what others have experienced with their trucks. We are looking at $2800 for 100K miles Bumper to Bumper. Any thoughts would be good. Iam trying to figure out if it is worth it. I usually do not purchase these but for a vehicle that is needed for towing the boat, I need to make sure she is working.
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
I would only get the GMPP warranty on the suburban. You can get it discounted pricing from here:

http://www.gmoutlet.com/quote/emailserver/majorguard/06mg5.htm
Old     (jaysus)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
1st, there is no such thing as bumper to bumper.

2nd Check to see if it covers seals & gaskets and ask for the list of exclusions. Usually covers major parts but not the small parts that cause damage to those larger parts.

3rd Who is the warranty provider?

4 You can walk into any GM store and ask the finance director/manager for a GM Warranty. They do go up to 100k depending on the mileage of your vehicle and 99% are happy to get you one. Much less expensive if your vehicle is still under factory.

5 They should give you a fair price, somewhere in the 1800 to 2200 range. 2800 is too much.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-09-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
2nd for using the GMPP there are a few after market warranty companies out there that are great, alot that are pretty bad too, stick with GM on that one. if it's a 100K warranty it's not GMPP, they don't offer a 100K unless you are talking about extending it to 100K from the current mileage?

How many miles are on it I'll look up cost for you.

(Message edited by ridininmd on February 09, 2007)
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-10-2007, 5:45 AM Reply   
04 Suburban with 22K miles. The dealership here was referring to a Zurich plan that is 100K from the point of contract.

J. You are correct it is B to B with some exclusion such as stuff like belts, wipers, plugs. I need to check if seals and caskets are included bc it did list all of the exclusions.

Have any of you had a major issues with you trucks where you wish you had something like this. My last truck would have benefited from an extended warranty.

Thanks for your help and input.
Old     (jaysus)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Bazel,

You can get a GM store with the GMPP to bring you from 22k up to 100k. Same as my previous post, if it's still under the 3yr factory warranty it'll be cheaper. The GMPP is a great plan and the GM techs/service advisors will find a way to get everything included. If you don't do an excessive amount of driving, this would last you 5+ years.

Let me know if you have any questions. Do your best not to use an outside warranty co if the GMPP is available.

Good luck
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-10-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Those extended warranty's cost the dealer not even a third of that price,and they get a kickback. I would work it in the deal somehow.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-10-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Does anyone offer or extend a warranty's over 100k?

Just curious since 100k is just a blink of an eye away.
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
Definitely stick with the GMPP. I work in service at a jaguar dealer and we have to deal with alot of ext warranty companies. We have a warranty similar to gmpp through jaguar thats great and very easy to deal with for everyone, they also cover the most. We also deal with some really bad companies that basically cover the engine, transmission or rear end and pretty much nothing else. The biggest problem with the independent ext warranty companies to me is that they can just file bankruptcy basically walk away with your money. We actually have customers that come in to get their car fixed, and the parts are covered under the warranty but the company can't pay the bill so the owner has to pay and then get reimbursed at like 20.00 a quarter until it's paid. Long story short, it's best to stay with GM backed ext warranty in your case. On a side note I bought the GMPP on my 05 z71 and it was only 800.00 at the time.
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
Buy it online from one of the larger Chevrolet dealers, I know on the corvette forum there is dealers that discount that plan heavily. It doesn't matter where you buy GMPP, because it is valid for any dealership.