Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-30-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
Anyone have one of these? I am looking at getting rid of the big ol diesel and getting one of these. I don't tow my boat on a regular basis, because I live on a lake. I live in IL, so the land is flat, so when I am towing, it shouldn't be too strenuous.

The burb would be a secondary vehicle, as the F250 is now. I no longer run the kind of miles to justify owning a diesel. Any input would be appreciated.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-30-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I've got an 07 tahoe with the 5.3 and it pulls my X1 around nicely, gets about 13mpg while towing. I don't tow more than 100 miles, but I've never been thrown around by it and it doesn't struggle up a hill. Plus the rear camera is great for hitching up.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-30-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
That's what I thought. Thanks, Joe. I don't tow anything that much anymore, so it looks like I'll be getting a burban soon. I think I'll wait for more incentives though.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-30-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
No mountain passes and you live on a lake?? Not a bad decision to trade in the diesel.

If your F250 is a 7.3, they are highly sought after right now, as are the 05-06 6.0l F250's. You should be able to get some decent coin for it as the new motor is shipping and lot's of folks don't wanna be guinea pigs.

I tow too much over nasty stuff, I love my diesel, but they are pricey to have around for sure and you need to run em hard to keep them in good condition.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-30-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
i sure like the looks of the black ltz's. they're sweet up front. we were going to buy one until we saw what the loaded up ltz's were introduced at. we were kind of surprised to pick up an 06 denali xl for much less than an ltz. they're nice looking rigs for sure though. good luck.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-31-2007, 5:07 AM Reply   
My F250 is an 06, dealer said 37K on trade.

Loaded up LTZ is what I'm looking at. Black.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-31-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
I got mine last February, a black LTZ. Agreed the sticker was painful, but right when they came out GM was matching GM card savings, so I got $5k off plus my GM supplier discount. You won't even believe it has the same name as the previous generation of trucks once you see the inside because it's so much nicer. I was looking at an 06 for about $10k less but it was like comparing a kia to a corvette.