Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
look good. maybe ill go and see them for myself and get more pics
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Aaron... Thanks for posting some pics of the Houston show.... I'll be out there next week to let some of the flavor soak in.... Working "Nights" right now so I didn't get to go to opening day of the show, but looks like there's plenty to drool over....
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Just got back from the H-Town boat show! I Loved all the new boats and did not hear any salesmen or manufacturer reps, doing any boat bashing. I was a little turned off by the new carpet in the 2007 Supra's and Moomba's though (not bashing, just my opinion), it looked straight out of my living room?? I talked with an owner of an 06 XLV and he thought the same thing. I saw another inboard boat with the same carpet earlier in the show, but when I went back to find it I didn't see it again.

Thanks for posting all the pics Aaron.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
I like the look of the 22 SSV.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
The 22 SSV was sweet. I do not like the emblems that say 22 SSV. They are plastic like car emblems. No real boat bashing other than one dealer who said the Epic's gel coat and fiberglass finish was not good. I was really hoping to see one there. The new Tige looked good.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-06-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
oh my the new supras look HOT!!!!!

cant wait to see them in chicago!

thanks for the pics
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-06-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Holy crap...I was never a huge fan of the graphics on Supras...but WOW that red one is the freaking SHIZ
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
I agree Aaron, the Tige's had a good showing. Glad to see no one took my comment about the carpet in the Supra/Moomba's the wrong way, the Limited 22V was SWEET!!
Old     (river_hill)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-06-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
If anyone of you guys go to the show, if you could snap a photo of some remote audio locations I would appreciate it.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-06-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Must say I am likin those block letter bu graphics. SICK!

Also diggin the new 22ssv setup

(Message edited by hookedonboardin on January 06, 2007)

(Message edited by hookedonboardin on January 06, 2007)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-07-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Are the swing racks on the 22 different this year? They are supposed to be better in some way.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I'm not sure but I think they changed the 3 little pin's to one big push button. I forgot to look at that.
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
River... Like I said in my previous post, I'll be at the Houston show in a couple of days and I plan on taking lots of pics... I'll take a couple of "remote" pics and get them on here.... It's going to be a couple of days though....
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
By the way, if anyone else needs some "specific" pics or info, let me know... I don't mind at all... Just let me know....
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
gene, the rack are different. it is just as aaron said a single big button.
Old     (luckyj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Good pic on the LED Rings on the tower speakers,
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-08-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
Looks like a Supra show and some other boats invited. (Cool outboard fishin' boat- the brown one with the matching red steering wheel and paddle.)

Seriously, nice pics though.
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
well there are some nice supra's but def more MC and Bu's
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-09-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, Supra/Moomba, MC, BU, Nautique, Sanger, Tige represented. No showing of Calabria, Centurion, Epic, MB Sport, Supreme, Wakecraft, etc. A little disappointing considering there are dealers in Texas for just about each one except Epic, Wakecraft.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-09-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
the vintage stuff is pretty cool. Lots o' great looking wakeboats. Supra graphics look good. The gray and white supra is straight-up sick interior layout is not for me, but its a great looking boat.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-09-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Sorry guys I will get some more pics this Saturday I was in a hurry that nite. If you need a specific pic let me know.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
Hey Aaron have you or your wife tried the Byerly yet?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-09-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
No sir. We went out one time after we got the board and won't get out again till Good friday.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-09-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Aaron: I wonder if you could take some pics of the MC's transoms and bow seating on the pickle forks models.

That would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-09-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I will take some Luciano.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-12-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Can you say B L I N G !!!!!!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-13-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Here are some more
Gene Williams there is a close up of the supra rack
Luciano Grimblat there are a few for you
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
The dash on the RZ2 looks like a$$...
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-13-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   

Merely your opinion. That RZ kicks ass, dash included.

Aaron. Thanks for the great pics.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-13-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
JK

I am with you about the RZ2

As for the dash very functional and I love how it looks.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-13-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Aaron, Thanks a lot dude, I really mean it!!!!!!
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-16-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Good job with those pics Aaron!!!!

I am with you JK, the RZ does kick ass!!!

05, you sir, are a TOOL!!! Just be cool...
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Is that a post by this Brandon Raymond, hardest working boat dealer in Texas?
Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-16-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
The only Tool here is the guy that sits behind a keyboard and calls people names on the internet. Lighten up you don't need to defend your dash. Yes in my opinion it does look like @ss, the dash that is the rest of the boat I really like.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-16-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
Man, that is one handsome dude in the picture above.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-16-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
05, Try that on your 'ole BU dash and see what happens.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-16-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I'll be sure to let you know when I jump up on my dash.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-16-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
there is no reason to jump on your dash. as for brandon stop being a cry baby and actually read what someone says. he wasnt even talking about the structure of the dash he was talking about the look. i hate people like brandon. they come here and start whining whenever someone says something bad about their boat company. i wont name names but there are a few people just the same as brandon
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Brandon, where are you at in that pic? What boat show??
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
The Malibu sales people did not resort to jumping on dashes to sell boatsNot that it would impress me.

I wasn't going to say anything, but the RZ2 is fugly, and Supra again hits it out of the park.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-17-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree the Supra's are looking tight..
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
One of the Bayliner sales guys was jumping on the window frame of a Capri at the show last year. It seems like a very strange way to sell a boat to me. Oh well what do I know.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-17-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Jumping on parts of boats, haha. I'm glad I don't have to do that to sell my boats.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-17-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Wow, I posted the pic of Brandon at a 2006 Calgary (Canada) boatshow just for a laugh without thinking that it was a comment on dash construction and boat selling techniques.

You are right Jon, you do not have to jump on parts of your boats (and you do sell a great brand) but I put that Tige hull in our boatshows and our showoom to give people a chance to see what is normally hidden under carpet and cushions. Most boat buyers spending this kind of cash really care how the deck and hull are bonded, what the engine mounts are bolted to, how thick the hull really is, if the seat bases are attached with angle brackets or part of the top deck structure, is it really hand-layed and all composite etc. etc. In our part of North America where summer is so short, buyers often do not demo boats, hence as much information as they can get is important.

I am sure someone will look at these pictures and tell us that this is not the correct way to build a boat, but by displaying this bare hull we give people the chance to continue considering this brand or move to another with more information than a brochure, a sales pitch, and a demonstration of one part of their product that the company is proud of (ie. Bayliner windshields).

Upload
Upload
And, yes this was a normal production hull that was built to be completed as a boat not a part made differently for display purposes.

Sorry if I caused any grief here. This is not an attempt to futher my own interests on Wakeworld. As a towboat dealer you guys are a valuable source of information and I do not want to become unwelcomed here.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
J Whelan, why don't you tell me how you really feel....

JK, I ditto what you just said....
Old    00wakesetter            01-17-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
J Whelan, i see we ride in the same part of the country. Those are some pretty bold staments you made there. Hell you dont have to sit behind your computer to tell us how you feel, just come on by if you feel so strong about it broseph!!
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Those last two picks are why I bought a Tige in the first place. I was looking very hard at MC at the time and was ready to pull the trigger on a new X9, until I started researching Tige. You're not going to find a stronger boat. The layup of the hull is the meat and potatoes of any boat. I poked around the insides of every boat I could get in, MC, CC, Supra/Moomba, Centurian, Sanger, MB, Supreme and the Tiges were hands down the thickest, strongest, best laid hulls on the market. Everything else in a boat is basically bolt on and can be replaced. The hull makes the boat. I'm not saying the rest are crap, I just feel that the Tiges are the best built in this aspect. The fact that they would bring something like a bare hull to a show goes a long way in showing how proud they are of them. The fact that you can jump on the dash just goes to show the kind of strength that is built in throughout the boat. It makes a huge difference in the long run. My Tige is as solid now as the day I bought it. No, it doesn't have the best wake on the planet, it's not the fastest, it's not the blingiest, hell, it aint even the prettiest, but when the going gets tough, I have complete faith in my craft. I don't see any other manufacturers bragging about the strength of their hulls like Tige does. I've been out in some nasty conditions on some other popular brands that felt like they were going to break in half shortly after knocking the fillings out of your head. Tiges ride like a Caddy. No shaking, no vibrating, no bashing. Now if you have your own private lake fine, you probably don't need a tank. 90% of the boating population doesn't and things can get pretty hairy out there in the real world. This is where Tiges shine. Now once again, I'm not trying to bash the rest of the builders, but I think this aspect of boats is something that is overlooked by a lot of people. All they know is what is in the brochures and what the dealer tells them. "I'm glad I don't need to jump on parts of my boats to sell them." I'm glad for you, congrats on selling a trusted name. I trust my boat.

You may now throw your stones.

(Message edited by nickypoo on January 17, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-17-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
wow, amazing how things turn bad so frequently on the boat threads. JK, i thought it was just a funny pic too man.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-17-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
this is the reason that i rarely post on this forum. i say something directed to someone else and another person decides to jump into the action. im done with this website
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-17-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
That is just the way it is these days. People have so much anger pent up they can release with no consequences on some unsuspecting person here. It is sort of funny in a way though.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Sorry if I got a little fired up fellas. I got going and kind went off the deep end. In re-reading my previous post I guess I sound like kind of a Dickhole. After lurking around here for a while I guess I felt like getting into some of the controversey. Look, I don't dislike anybody's particular favorite brand. I like all inboards. There's really not a whole lot that separates the majority of them in the grand scheme of things.

This is me officially stepping of my soapbox.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Hey Arron, thanks for the pics. Looks like a good show. Our boat show used to have an actually "show" with peoples personal boats on display, judging, prizes, the whole nine. Now-a-days if you aint sellin', you aint showin'. With all the badassed wakeboats that people are putting together, it would make a nice addition to any boat show. Has anybody seen a show like that? Do I need to move out of the sticks?
Old    00wakesetter            01-17-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
J Whelan, you didnt just "say something" you went over the edge with what you said. "I hate pepole like Brandon Raymond" I dont mean to step in the middle, but Brandon is good friend of mine and if you talking that kind of SH no reason to do it behind a computer. Thats all
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Easy BIG BOY, easy.....

Just Be Cool!!!!!!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-17-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Can't we all just get along?
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-18-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Wow, I feel pretty good about myself now.
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I had a great time at the show. It was my first time working the show and it was nice to put some faces with some names on here. Here are a couple pics of our setup. Sorry about the quality.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old    00wakesetter            01-18-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
LOL
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-18-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
I can't wait to see the first MC center console on the water.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-18-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.

Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-18-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
but back to the subject of the thread, i thought it was a good show. The only two NEW things I saw that were of real interest (to someone not buying a boat this year) were the Mastercraft CSX and the Tige RZ2.

The CSX - I will be curious to see how large the market is for this boat. Neat concept, but how many serious fishermen are also serious wakeboarders with a family that can only have one boat? If you can afford it, why not just buy seperate boats? Who wants nasty fish in a nice boat like that? It wasn't cheap. 70k? I hear the wake is great, but there isn't much ability to weigh it down. Sitting in the driver's... um seat? bench? it felt weird. I still really wanna check it out on the water. Just out of curiosity.

Tiger RZ2. Not to fuel the fire started earlier, but I have never liked the Tige dashes. I don't like dashes in cars like that either. Personal preference. Otherwise cool boat. Obviously I am partial to pickelfork now. Just makes sense. I loved the driver's seat. I liked the rear of the boat too. Transom shaped to keep large waves from washing over, nice place to sit while putting on board, etc. I also liked the bow lights - why doesn MC offer bow lights? Or maybe they do, I don't know.

Supra's graphics were definitely cool, but I think would quickly date the boat. There is a guy locally with a snow-ish camo supra and that has to be one of my favorite schemes though. And that Xstar I have seen on here with snow camo. Love it.

boatstereo.com booth (texas stereo) - love the tower speakers with the lights around them. May have to get some of those. Also after seeing that golf cart I am trying to figure out a reason to need one.

Beer vendors - thanks for reminding me why if i want to get drunk i should show up that way. $9 a beer or something insane like that.

M2 - huge display as always - i can't wait to try out some of those ronix boards.

Centurion, MB, Epic and other brands not present - surely our market isn't that bad for wakeboard boats. How come no display?

MC X-80 - reason to move to a bigger, deeper lake or the ocean. Wonder if I can put a fridge / sink / wet bar in my X2? :-)

Thanks to all vendors for helping us through the mid-winter blues. Can't wait for summer.... only 2 more months away (sort of)
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
By Gene Williams (gene3x) on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:09 am:

I can't wait to see the first MC center console on the water.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-18-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Great Post Andrew!! I agree with you fo show!!!

Zach, nice pics!!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-18-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
I mean't in person so I could see the wake, but thanks Zack!
I figured that thing would be more along the lines of an X80 for big surf and bigger fishing game.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Going to the Minneapolis boat show tonight
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-18-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
If I need a Center Con fishing boat, the Fountain LX is first on my list.