Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    jessipoo007            10-12-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
As I am sure you know if you are following this cable park there seems to be a lot of angry opposition to the cable park from the neighbors. There was another neighborhood meeting last night- at one point people were encouraged to call city council members and voice their concern. This could be very effective considering it is election time.

Below is a phone number and a link to e-mail the Santee city council, PLEASE call them and let them know how excited you are for the cable park!

(619) 258-4100

http://www.ci.santee.ca.us/emailfrms/santeeemail.htm
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-12-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Done
Old    lorik            10-12-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Yes, there is indeed a great deal of opposition. My name is Lori Knowles and I posted a couple of weeks ago soliciting the forum's opinion regarding the cable park in my neighborhood. Because I did my homework, I am certain that this park can be a wonderful asset. Both the developer and the municipal water district are sincerely working with the neighborhood and their concerns. I am sad today because now I am afraid that this will divide my neighborhood. I angered both of my neighbors when I spoke out suggesting that before judgement is cast, that they enter this forum and get to know the folks who love this sport and will be coming to the lake. I was angry, too, until I asked questions and got answers. - Lori Knowles
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-12-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Thank you for keeping an open mind Lori
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Lori, I have been reading your posts for a while now and would like to say that I have the upmost respect for you. If everyone who had a problem with wakeboarding did as much research as you, we may not have lakes banning wakeboarding boats and things like that. I would just like to say thank you for doing as much work as you have.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
My pro-cable park email to the powers that be in Santee has been sent. Thanks for providing the link!
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-13-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Lets keep those emails heading to Santee!!
Old    lorik            10-13-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Josh. That's just the attitude I was trying to empower the Santee crowd with. I didn't want to anger my neighbors by implying that they are narrow-minded, but just to let them know how I came to my opinions, which are now different than theirs.
- Lori