Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    jaded_goddess            07-02-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
any riders in this area... second season looking to meet some people..

elle :-)
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
i'm living in the area but can't find anybody around to ride with. you can check out the new jersey riders thread to catch up on the scene in jersey. there are lots of good people to ride with there.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
I miss Long Island Just moved out from there a year and a half ago. 29 years there......Where are you boarding there is no butter on the north shore..
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-03-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
where in long island? Im out in suffolk near port jefferson
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
I used to live and ride out in bay shore...there are some people from northport who ride a bunch.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
i live in NYC, so i always have to travel to ride. Right now I ride in South Jersey by the shore and in South-Central Jersey by Trenton. I'm looking for people to ride with anywhere in Long Island or North Jersey about and hr +/- away from Manhattan.
Old    jaded_goddess            07-03-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
i'm in northport.. we rode once in port jeff when we stayed at danfords last labor day.. real rough there.. and we got yelled at by the coast guard..
we've been riding in northport by sand city... i know there has to be a better cove some where..
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-03-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
there are a couple spots in pj that are perfect during the week and at high tide....thats where i'll be at 6am tomorrow
Old    jaded_goddess            07-04-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
7 am seems to be the time to go .... i can't seem to get anyone up that early .. i would be in for it!
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-04-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
yea im from northport. Theres usually good water and there alot of riders now on the island. Not many are on this site though. Anyone wanting a pull or need a third let me know.
Old    jaded_goddess            07-04-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
hey jeff i think i saw you on wakeboarder.com but i can't get my damn log in to work... you go out today? we didn't go cause we needed a third and he bailed on us... SUCKS... me and my bf have totally different schedules so it seems i'm not going to have as much time as i would want to wake.. thats one of the reasons i'm trying to meet some new people into it.. we have a 99 26' searay.. not ideal but it works.. so i'm up for being a third..
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Elle, you're always welcome with the NJ riders near Trenton. (Bordentown) Not very near you though, I suppose. But we love to ride!

How far are you from CT? I know there are riders on Lake Lillinonah and Candlewood. There's also Lake Mahopac in Westchester, NY.
Old    jaded_goddess            07-04-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
did a mapquest... bordentown is about 2 hours away from me... which is not tooooo bad.. what days do you guys ride?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2006, 12:16 AM Reply   
I go out tuesday nights, 4-8pm. Weekends I sometimes go out of Bordentown, if I'm not down near Ocean city (Mays Landing).

Keep checking the "NJ riders 2006" thread.
Love to have you along!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Dave,

What's up. I post on the other NJ Riders thread also but I just saw here that you ride in Mays Landing. I've taken the river from ocean city by boat but I'm also accessible by car. I normally ride with Woody at B-town, I'm always looking for a pull down the shore if you wanted to go riding.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-05-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey Charles: Push-off time this Sunday, July 9, is 6:30am if you're up for it. I know, I know... having to get
up super early on a Sunday to be at 60 Sylvia by 6:15ish is rough, but that's the best time to hit Turtle Cove. Let me know.

Sorry for the hijack elle.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
i think i'm in. i'll call u before sunday. thanks for the heads up.