Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
I've got 4 Bat racks and a Skylon Swoop Classic tower. I've mocked the racks up on the tower. Just looking at it, it looks like the bindings from the top rack bottom position will hit the bindings from the bottom rack top position. Does anyone else have this problem?

The top rack doesn't have much lee-way as to where I can mount it. So I'm trying to determine the bottom rack's placement.

Place it Here:
Upload

Or Here:
Upload
^^ I'd rather it go here as I think it'd be easier to rack the boards up.. And it'd by in a better position to accept a swivel in the future.
Old    hyperryd            04-25-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
I have four sets of bat racks on my Swoop tower and they work great. My tower is a little different since it has the breakaway front leg to fold lower. This causes the side bars to be even closer than yours. With the offset from eachother the bindings fit fine. Unfortunately the only pic I have with a bunch of boards up don't show four boards on one side, but we do it all the time. Being able move all of the boards to one side works out great when we park next to other wake boats on one side.
Upload

(Message edited by hyperryd on April 25, 2006)

(Message edited by hyperryd on April 25, 2006)
Old    hyperryd            04-25-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
Here is the other pic that I didn't get posted.
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Craig, Have you talked to Skylon about putting 120lbs in speakers up on their tower? Add 4-8 boards and you could be talking close to 150 lbs...
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-29-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
I have swoop and don't have any problems. Had my racks boubled up and it was ok. since then have rearranged them.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Thanks - though it's too late, I drilled and installed them last night. That was a pain in the butt. The level of precision required to get them absolutely level. Plus that oval tube isn't the easiest thing to find dead center on. I had an array of 4 different framing squares, a dial caliper and still was having troubles. But it's done! Took about an hour per rack (including tower removal, reinstall and clean up.)
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
FYI, the Aftershock only works on racks mounted to a vertical tube. Not that it makes a difference now, and maybe you're planning on making something custom to swivel your racks.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I have the swoop tower and batracks... The batracks are mounted on the top crossbar and work great... A little hard to get boards in and out when on the trailer as its over 7ft out of the air then...

http://www.cbr600rr.com/albums/Souperflys/boat_006.sized.jpg
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
took the boat out yesterday. If I only had 2 racks, I'd mount them on the upper cross bars like you, Brandon. Having the boards on the upper racks provides for better visibility.