Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-18-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I have been boarding for a couple of years now and just bought a new boat so I expect my wake to be quite nice. I am looking to take my riding to the next level and would like a good DVD to help me or any other suggestions people have to advance. Thanks for the help. I mainly am looking to get more air out of my jumps right now. Thanks again.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
"The Book" is the best you can buy, IMO....
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-18-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
For the money, "Higher Education Vols 1&2" is a pretty good dvd...although it is a little older. It starts out very very basic and progesses upwards.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
I have most of them, and my vote still goes to "The Book".
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-18-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
The Book is the best but if you dont have the sheckles go for waketrix.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
I liked Waketrix as it went into more detail on beginner/intermediate tricks. Higher Education 1&2 was a good, but it seems like they did not spend very much time explaining the tricks. Higher does have just about every trick in it, though.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Detention is also really good. It moves kind of quick through a lot of the tricks though. I have The Book also and it is very thourough but it is also kind of slow. It is more expensive as well, so it depends on what you are looking for.
Old     (plooky)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-18-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
does anyone know of an instructional DVD aimed more at cable riding?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-18-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
aaron, ask these guys about a cable instructional videos www.cableology.com
in the mean time check out Josh Rice's video on his myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/joshuaearlrice
Old    junglesmacks            04-18-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
www.isohunt.com

Higher Education vols 1&2 are always up there..

It's not a bad series but they cover so many things really quickly without going super in depth on any one thing. But it's not bad for being *ahem* free..