Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-17-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
not looking for a pitty party, but i'm really scared to goto the doctor tomorrow. i dislocated my kneecap jumping off a boat in st. thomas last week and tomorrow i go into ortho to have it checked out. i'm really scared they're going to tap my knee or find something bad. for those who do not know having your knee tapped is pretty painful and i have a pretty high threshold for pain. i'm really nervous what they're going to find--especially with the season right around the corner. i wasn't going to go, but i think i better. it's been years since i've done it, but this time, something's telling me i better go. god, i hope i don't have to have surgery. the last time i had my knee tapped, they pulled blood out and referred me to an ortho surgeon, but we had just closed on our house and there was no way i could be laid up like that. call me stupid, but that was 9 years ago. :-( -- i'm really scared.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Usually when the drain the fluid out and there is blood in it something is torn inside. Dr. pulled out about 3/4 of a large syringe of cherry kool aid looking fluid out of my knee but what an instant relief from the pain of having all that fluid underneath the knee cap.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
stupid
only cuz you asked though
:-)
Good Luck bro
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-17-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Good luck man, hope they don't have to go in.

Five years ago I had mine checked out. Doc told me I had an MCOA (Mild Case of Old Age) and nothing could be done about it. The way it feels now, I must have an SCOA (Severe...).
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-18-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
I had knee surgery two years ago about about 6 months after the surgery, I had to get it drained... 3/4ths of a friggin CUP came out. But I can't tell you how good it felt afterwards. It felt like I had a wrap around it for two weeks straight and just cut it off.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
well, didn't have to have my knee tapped. so that's good. partial dislocation of patella and stretched ligaments. not too bad i suppose. it's the fluid that's made this one seem worse than before. i go back in a couple weeks and of course have some PT i have to do. got a new brace so that's cool. told me 3 months off, but i talked him down to 2 with the brace. i really need to hit the PT hard i suppose. sorry to be a wussy. i just hate having that needle go through my muscle.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-18-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Bruce,

GLAD to here the good news, hang in there looks like you should be back on the water sooner than later.

Lzy
Old    buckettim            04-18-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Bruce I know what your talking about... but I had my knee cap dislocated about an inch and a half out of socket..."i crashed in a motocross race and someone was nice enough to land on my knee" anyway i was back up on the bike 4 weeks later racing...i was back to work 2weeks later lucky no fluid...but when i was younger i had my knee drained 5 time in the span of 2 months so i know the pain...go luck and do the PT it helps