Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
Planning a trip from the NW in April to a cable park what's your take on OWC vs TSR? I have been to OWC a couple of times and never have been to TSR what have I been missing? Anything to do around the TSR area other then the park and all the stuff that goes on at the park?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
I heard that TSR is bigger. I have only been to OWC.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-15-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
I haven't been to TSR since last year. The cable at TSR is higher and will get you more vertical lift when lanuching air tricks. But OWC has the advantage that there are two cables, which keeps the lines down. One cable is used by beginners, slalom skiers, and kneeboarders. The other is for more intermediate and advanced wakeboarders. Based on the TSR web site it looks like they both have about the same number of sliders to hit.
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Can't compare but I love TSR. It is very near Austin which is a blast if you are 21. Crazy times with hot girls. They also have a Skate Park and the MotoCross course and a lake where the offer lessons, a small rockwall inside. I have never done any of the other stuff but it looks fun. They have a stage out back and have bands come i think on Fridays and an OK bar with a deck to chill on.

So there is plenty to do it just depends on your preference.
Old    corkyswx2            11-15-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
If you're comparing cable parks, don't forget Deerfield and Kansas City. ..my vote goes to KCW
www.kcwatersports.com
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-15-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
tsr has a better wind block. i have haeard that owc can get bumpy sometimes.
Old    roadking            11-15-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
All pro cable riders prefer TSR, 2 have moved there for that reason.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-15-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
what are thoes cable parks web site? i want to check them out
Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
Thanks to all. I just might go back to OWC the beaches are close by and the visuals might be better! Although Austin with the crazy times with hot girls sound great too!

(Message edited by wetirish on November 15, 2005)
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-15-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
www.texasskiranch.com for tsr
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-16-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
www.orlandowatersports.com for OWC
Old    frantrum            11-17-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
I have been to the OWC and TSR. TSR has more stuff, but may have longer lines...plus austin is the shi*&
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-17-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
TSR RIPS. Do the cable, skate the skatepark, ride some moto, climb the wall, buy a Mastercraft as well as shop at the proshop and then hit the bar for some drinks and great food. You cant go wrong its a blast.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-17-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Both are great. OWC has better rails, and it is closer to the rest of the scene (if you plan on doing other riding. The Projects, etc.) TSR has good rails, but nothing that stands out like OWC's "nessy". Big advantage for TSR is the island. At OWC the wakes cross all over and your always crossing through chop. Not a big deal, but it was nice in Texas to know the island, and goat on it, were keeping the water flater. Overall, its about even. Depends on how much it would cost you to fly to one or the other.