Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    hothead            10-30-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
I'm still only learning everything to do with wakeboarding. I'm probably going to get some bindings soon and was wondering if any kind or brand of bindings will fit any board, or do they have to be the same brand or something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-30-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
they all work together. there is an industry standard bolt-pattern. you may run into the binding being too big if the board is too small... but that is rare.
Old    hothead            10-30-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
Mad child- So the screw holes on the board should line up with the holes in the bindings, even if they are made by seperate brands. Cos some bindings i've looked at look like they might not line up with the holes on my board
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-30-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
they all work together. the only difference may be in bolt length, and then all you need is new hardware.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-31-2005, 5:01 AM Reply   
The screws/bolts that come with Hyperlites are too long for CBW and you will have to get shorter ones or use washers as spacers. But LF works fine on CWB. Just my experience.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-31-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
and you will need longer hardware for putting LF bindings on hype. some newer LF bindings have some plastic spacers you can remove. you can strip the first thread or two if you don't don't take spacers off or get longer hardware.
Old    wakeceo            10-31-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Just be careful....if you have different companies mixed and matched it can cause warranty issues should the problem ever come up.

Byerly's are good bindings. Bunch of sites have deals on em now. Here is one:

2005 Byerly Bindings
Old    hothead            10-31-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice, it would just really piss me off if i buy some bindings and found out they aren't suited for my board. I think I'll probably get some LF ultra's 2006
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-31-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
what tanner said. just don't tell them you have a different board/binding brand if the problem arises.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-01-2005, 3:57 AM Reply   
I have never had a problem riding different bindings with a different board. I mean do you guys wear Levi shoes with Levi Pants? (Not that I wear Levis, but it sounded good)