Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
It is a good thing that the board we have been using for hitting the slider was a freebie, I would be really sad if our good Liquid Force board ended up as badly damaged as our "slider board did".

I think the basic problem is that the board was not built to have all the weight, plus impact force, concentrated on a very small area. Like many boards the edges get rather thin, and since this is what hits the rail first when you attempt to grind the rail it really takes a beating. The toe edge of the board started suffering early and last weekend it basically disintegrated.

I have had rumors about boards that are built with this in mind, where the edges are really beefed up so they will survive this treatment. Can anyone tell me what such a board might be?

Rod
Old    chavezychavez            10-04-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Rod - Origin made boards that were completely coated in P-Tex (top AND bottom) that withstand sliders better than just about anything out there.

Here is one that was slid at TSR. Can you tell?

Origin Podium 141

PS: It's for sale... Cheep!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-04-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Yeah I have a few Origin boards for sale and they have a really awesome bottom on them and from what I have heard they slide realyl well with little dammage. BUt there not ust for sliding, they have really good pop and smooth landings. I like them. I have a few sizes left in different graphics. Let me know: bwaters1@tampabay.rr.com
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-04-2004, 5:25 PM Reply   
I think my best slider board for sale is a Origin Moto 130 and it is an awesome board!! I rode it and it was really nice all around and then sliders were like a breeze. The one for sale is brand new! Check out the link:http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard3.asp?ProductID=1525
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
chavez and chris how long are your boards, what year, and how much. I need a good slider board and i know origin are nice boards my bro has a nice one.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-05-2004, 4:13 AM Reply   
I know I have the Brand New 2002 Moto 130 whcih is any awesome slider board. Since it is a little bit smaller you have a bit more control on rails.
I will get a list of the different ones I have today when I am in the office. I will post it later today.
Thanks,
Chris
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-05-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
My Motive does it's all. Slide and ride, it covers all bases. Just keep checking eBay and buy extras on the cheap for when you wear em out.
Old    chavezychavez            10-05-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I have a Moto 130 (new) and a Podium 141 (pictured).

I will PM you about prices.
Moto 130
Podium 141

I agree totally that the Podium is a good all around board that just so happens to be setup perfect for sliders.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
Chavez:
Yes, I can tell, but it looks okay. To really tell though I would need to see the toe edge of the board (edge shot)

How cheap?

Rod
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-06-2004, 4:12 AM Reply   
I have Moto 130, Swamp 140, Charlies 143,
Blues 145, and I might have a skll 138 or Banzai 134 but I didnt want to look for it unless you were interested in it. All of those boards are really sweet and great for sliders. THESE BOARDS ARE ALL ON EXTREME CLEARENCE SO CALL IF INTERESTRED OR WANT ANYMORE INFORMATION: 727-580-2064
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
chris i like the skull 138. can you let me know on the price?
Old    wsrmatt            10-06-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
have you guys ever heard of the hyperlite roam?
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-06-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
i rode origin back in the day because of the kickass warrenty but they didn't last any longer than any other boards. the 02's had bad cores and snapped quite easily and the 03's were pressed like delaminated pretty quick. in one summer me and several friends went trhough 4 or 5 origins. also they're EXTREMLY slow on the sliders. back in the day you couldn't beat the warranty and i liked the 138 skull. the best made boards i've seen as to holding up on sliders is the 02 hyperlites beforethey came out with jib base. point is all boards break on sliders.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-06-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Okay, someone tell me about the hyperlite roam. I have heard reference to it, can't get any decent information. Hyperlite website sucks.

Rod