Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    riverratz1904            04-26-2004, 4:00 AM Reply   
Hoping to get input from anybody owning late model Supreme boats, and Sky Supreme in particular. Getting ready to buy a 2003 Sky with 65 hours on it and want to know if there are any recurring problems or things I should look out for. Took it for a spin today and seemed to do well, but I am new to the whole inboard/tournament boat thing. Please help
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
Great boat! Most will say... good boat value... but I look at it as more than that... it is a good boat... good performance.. and great fit and finish at $1000's less than others... I find Moomba to be great for the money... you sacrifice quality to get a lower price... I dont know what I am sacrificing for the lower price in my new Supreme... other than the name...

Old    riverratz1904            04-27-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Kyle. Must not be too many Supreme owners out there. I am glad to hear that you are happy with yours. I was going back and forth between a Moomba and a Supreme. Please let me know if there are any problems you are experiencing, and I will do the same
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
Did you buy the Supreme? I had to drive 20 hours return to get my Supreme... where as the Moomba dealer is 3 minutes from my house...

Nothing against Moomba... but the interior and finish on the Supreme... IMO is head and shoulders above the Moomba... also I got way more options and features than the Moomba at a lower price...

I would say normally that they should be almost the same price... but compare the interiors... Supreme is nicer...

Also... depending on the motor you want... it is personal preference... I have always gone with Mercruiser because of the vast worldwide dealer network.

When buying new... they will use the Indmar warranty to upsell the Moomba... 3 yr vs 1yr on Merc... but I went with the 6.2 L which came standard with 3 yrs warranty also....

I dont expect any major problems... I was missing a nut on one of my pull up cleats.. wanted some extra decals... questions about my teak platform... and Supreme (factory) has assisted me with everything...

I talk to the Vik's (owners) on a regular basis to give them feedback and keeo informed of their innovations etc....

check out my ride...

www.wakeupwatersports.homestead.com
Old    gunslinger            04-27-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 220SP and love it so far. Only have 20 hrs and am really just learning to board but I have not one single complaint...great boat so far.

Tony M.
Old     (clintrn)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-28-2004, 3:42 AM Reply   
Love my '03 Supreme V208. (see profile pic) Nice drive. Big wake. Only real problem I had was with the ballast pumps, but all boats that use those pumps have had the same problems. I've since learned how to avoid getting the pumps stuck, problem solved. For the $, I don't think there's a better deal on a V-drive.
Old    riverratz1904            04-28-2004, 4:44 AM Reply   
I am liking to hear all the good reports. I am picking it up today. Heading to Parker for the weekend
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-29-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
We love our 2002 sky supreme. It has over 400 hours on it, and have had no major issues at all. When it is weighted right, the wake is as big as most of the higher priced boats.
Old    riverratz1904            04-29-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Parkgirl, what to YOU do to weight it right. I see all these people write in with godawful setups with bags everywhere and 1500# of water. I am not planning on getting that extreme if I can help it. Maybe my big ass just sitting on the rear sit will do it:
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-29-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I think the wake is good with or without extra weight. It has a really nice shape and a smooth transition.
What I meant by "weighting it right" is some people throw 1500 lbs in their boat and put it all in the rear, when it should be distributed in the back and in the bow. For example we have 700 under the seats in the bow, and 1000 in the rear compartments. With that much weight in the back if you do not weight the bow, it will be hard to plane out and it will throw a super steep wake .

If you do not wish to mess with sacs and pumps(they can be a pain) stock ballast is great and will give you a nice size wake.
I was just stating that some people think they need to spend 50K plus to get a huge,poppy wake, and that is not true.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
I just bought a new 2004 V208 Sky and I really like the boat. I have had a couple of minor issues that still are not fixed yet. Not too happy about that or the dealer or the service right now, but I like the boat
Old    riverratz1904            05-03-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
K. James, what kind of issues. Anything serious, or anything that is keeping you out of the water.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
Fuel gauge never worked from day 1, fixed now. Ballast tank gauge port side did not work from day 1, still not fixed and now starboard side doesn't work either. They keep putting it back together so I can go to the water. While the fuel gauge wasn't working i just made sure i topped off. With 52 gal tank running out isn't too much of an issue and i just open the engine hatch and i can see the sides of the ballast tanks. Doesn't keep me out of the water but I should not have to do this with a $40K boat.