Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-19-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
All of our perceptions of value is different. its just interesting that we sell a loaded MB B52 23 for $80k and our competitor is selling a G23 for $155k…so where is the $75k hiding… maybe a $20k engine upgrade but $55k more in other bells and whistles??? if dealers can find people to buy these high end boats good for them. a lot of our customers that bought MC and Nautique in the past and gave MB a shot are actually very impressed and don't see the need for boats to cost over $100k.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2016, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
All of our perceptions of value is different. its just interesting that we sell a loaded MB B52 23 for $80k and our competitor is selling a G23 for $155k…so where is the $75k hiding… maybe a $20k engine upgrade but $55k more in other bells and whistles??? if dealers can find people to buy these high end boats good for them. a lot of our customers that bought MC and Nautique in the past and gave MB a shot are actually very impressed and don't see the need for boats to cost over $100k.
I agree a little bit with that however, I believe there is a big difference in quality and engineering between Nautique and MB. You just have to pay a premium for that difference. In both of my new boat purchases, I did demos with MB's before buying my Nautiques. Both times, I liked the boats a lot and thought they were a tremendous value, but I just wanted more. MB is a lean and mean company which gives you a good bang for the buck for sure. Believe me. I've been tempted to go to the dark side. Just wouldn't know what to do with all the Nautique banners in my shop showing what a goggle wearing fan boy I am. LOL Hey, at least I'm honest.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-19-2016, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
The money is going SOMEWHERE, because nobody is getting rich off Nautiques. I'm sure the company makes fair profits, but I don't think anyone is getting mega rich. So the money is going somewhere...

My first thought on MB vs Nautique is Sponsorship and Events money. Nautique has team riders that are being paid, flown to events, put in hotels. All that adds up and a budget is needed. They also host/sponsor competitions. That's a significant investment as well.

Some money is hiding in R&D, of course. Engineers are expensive. Testing equipment is expensive.

Investments are another thing. Gotta spend money to make money. Correct Craft purchased OWC, they purchased 51% of Fineline (Centurion and Supreme). That all requires cash on hand.

So, I'm not sure if all of that adds up to $55k per boat, but those are some thoughts on why Nautique can be more expensive.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-19-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
**** I'd be happy with a g23 hull, some bags and lawnchairs for seating. But that's me
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-20-2016, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
The money is going SOMEWHERE, because nobody is getting rich off Nautiques. I'm sure the company makes fair profits, but I don't think anyone is getting mega rich. So the money is going somewhere...

My first thought on MB vs Nautique is Sponsorship and Events money. Nautique has team riders that are being paid, flown to events, put in hotels. All that adds up and a budget is needed. They also host/sponsor competitions. That's a significant investment as well.

Some money is hiding in R&D, of course. Engineers are expensive. Testing equipment is expensive.

Investments are another thing. Gotta spend money to make money. Correct Craft purchased OWC, they purchased 51% of Fineline (Centurion and Supreme). That all requires cash on hand.

So, I'm not sure if all of that adds up to $55k per boat, but those are some thoughts on why Nautique can be more expensive.

I agree with you on all points…i just think its funny that the marketing of… pros… events… etc. makes you boat perform that much better or people think material cost and build is that much more superior.