Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (mcsoultions)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
As many of you know MasterCraft has limited the ballast fill time on all 07 boats. If you want to add extra bags then the time will expire before the bags get half full.
We have developed a simple solution to this problem. Please contact us via email for details
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Why not just post the solution? Are you trying to sell the solution?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-23-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
sorry i guess im kinda thick but i dont understand...? lol
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Do you mean you developed the solution or MC? Just curios because the solution was posted on mastercraft's team talk early in the year that allows you to adjust the timer that cuts the pump off.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Here it is from MC teamtalk member Waterski-Marcoisland

"smart Ballast Programming"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many of you out there with a new 07 MC and have added extra ballast bags? And, have found that the system shuts down because of the internal timer, results not being able to fill the extra ballast bags completely.

I have recieved the following information and I thought I would pass it on to my fellow MC owners......

Step 1.
Disconnect the Ballast Control Box (port rear comparment X2) from the battery.

Step 2.
Re-connect the Ballast Control Box to the battery. You NOW have only 30 seconds to do the following.

Step 3.
Select: FILL OFF FILL to get into programming mode.
Then each time you select FILL you add 5 seconds of FILL time
Each time you select EMTY you subtract fill time.

Step 4.
Return switch to off position then leave it alone for a few minutes. Then put in the water and try it!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-23-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
What was said on MC teamtalk is true but if you would have tried this you would of found out this you can only add 5 seconds each time until you get to 6 minutes then if you try to add any more time it goes back to 30 seconds.

So if you do what they said on teamtalk then you can have a 6 minute max. Which is not long enough to fill the sacks fully if you have the PWT sacks fly high has for the star.
Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Why not shut off the pump and then turn it back on and the time resets
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
The whole times system seems like a pain in the arse. Its not that hard to hit the switch when they start pouring out the sides.

Do the 07's empty through the bottom of the hull?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-23-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Don-
simply turning the pumps of then back on does not reset the pumps. They come on for an additional 10 seconds.

Rodyrod- yes the 07's empty through the bottom. It wasn't filling the sacks that caused problems before because the water lubricates the pumps so the impellers don't burn up but it was emptying them when people would leave them on it would ruin the pumps. But now with the improved jabsco silicon impellers and the timer this is not a problem. Also this system might seem like a pain in the arse but in it's stock form the mastercraft ballast system is awesome. It works perfectly and was a great design if your only using stock ballast. I mean the pumps can actually sense when the bags are full and shut themselves off. Pretty thought out but this is also why no one has found a way around there system. Until now?
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-23-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
ahaha mcsoultions thought he had a secret...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Good stuff. Thanks guys. It's not a big deal to flip the switch to fill a couple of times. Much better than forgetting to turn the pumps off.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Ha ha, I read this thread and almost sh! myself..

...So what I do is I hook up one of those Cheap generic pumps from Walmart and leave for about 25min and come back to hopefully see that the sack straightened & filled itself or if there's 25 gallons of water in the back of the Prostar 190...

Seriously...
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-23-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
This is the worst "feature" I have ever heard of.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-23-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Jon
mcsoulutions has a different solution but no one ever said it was a secret.

J-Rod
How many times do you have to flip your switch to fill your ballast? How much weight are you running?

Because I know in our x-star we would be sitting there flipping the switch for a couple minutes before it's full plus it's just a hassle. I mean if you buy a new x-star why would you want to deal with this. I was very interested so I e-mailed him .
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
the pumps fill so fast tho... just stock at least. my uncles x15 fills in less than a minute
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
I spoke with a guy at Fly High regarding this because my 210 also has timed ballast. He said Nautique hasn't addressed the issue yet but MasterCraft has created a new relay box that is programmed to work with the integrated systems Fly High has for Mastercraft boats.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
I spoke with a guy at Fly High regarding this because my 210 also has timed ballast. He said Nautique hasn't addressed the issue yet but MasterCraft has created a new relay box that is programmed to work with the integrated systems Fly High has for Mastercraft boats.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Aaron this information was correct for about 48 hours, two weeks ago.
To my knowledge there is currently no box available thru MC.
However contact Dennis Carey if you are in need of a possible solution. dcelectronicsinc@sbcglobal.net
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-25-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Why not just hardwire and pipe in an additional aftermarket pump to fill up the other sacks. you could even have it spit out the side of the boat or put it into the factory system past the pump so it dumps out the bottom. What's the big deal?