Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
I am putting together a guys trip somewhere in So. Cal. We live and ride down south - Canyon, Vail, Elsinore and occasionally Mojave, Parker and Havasu. However, we would like to take a trip to either Mead, Nacimiento, Don Pedro or somewhere in between. I would really like to hit Powell but it's just too freakin far for a weekend trip. What suggestions do you guys have? Our needs are simple: Lots o' butter, cool spots to hang and decent accomodations. Please save the "Naci's empty and there is a monster living there"...etc. Looking for some good advice. Thanks.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
ok, lake mead is empty and there are several monsters living there.
Old    walt            04-03-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Lots o' butter = Delta
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-03-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Well truth of the matter is Naci is crowded and the eagles have started eating small children. In all serious though its not exactly the most un-crowded lake you've ever been to. As soon as we get a nice day the masses start heading out.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
if I had the time for a weekend riding trip with just the boys, I would do the delta.
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Does Lake Mead normally get blown out during the day or are there always flat spots?
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Go down to Mexico, where they filmed some of the pull episodes with Kyle Murphy and crew. I think Kyle Murphy's family has a place on one of the rivers. Definitely do your research first, you wouldn't want a run in with the federallies. I would rather loose a kid to an eagle than a boat to the Mexican cops
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/article_details.php?id=666&page=1

something like this I guess
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
here is mead in the summer, around 1 pm. Upload
I seriously doubt the delta will ever be like this. granted, it was not always like that, but it happened three times during a week long trip. better to be safe than sorry.
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Where do you launch to hit the Delta?