Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (gator)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-14-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I am lloking to buy a new boat. We have had CCs and Malibus and feel like I know the plusses and minuses of each brand. We are looking at the VLX Silver edition or an 06 220. They are at the same price point. We are a family with two young kids that like to do a little bit of everyting on the water. We are FAR from expert boarders. I do hope to learn to surf behind the new boat. Please do not start a boat war. I just want some advice from guys who know more than I do before I go drop a bunch of money. I am trying to be aware of boat characteristics as well as reliability and resale.

Thanks.

(Message edited by gator on January 14, 2007)

(Message edited by gator on January 14, 2007)
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-14-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
I am a CC owner but I am not impressed with any of thier new models. The SE VLXs look sharp, I have always been impressed with Bu I would go for the VLX if I were in your shoes, good luck.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-14-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
The VLX is a good boat and if u want to learn to surf behind u have to load it down pretty good the 220 has a better surf wake with stok ballast and has a better wakeboarding wake but the VLX is probably a better buy if u have 2kids
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
I spent the summer with friends that own a 220 and they love the wake. I also own a 210 and love the nautiques. I have owned other boats and nautique is the cadillac of boats. Dont get me wrong Malibu is a good boat and would be my second choice. I have also worked on both boats installing stereos and the 220 is built better from the inside out
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
These threads are so stupid. Pick the boat that best suits your needs go test it on rhe water and buy the one YOU like. Like everyone else I am going to tell you that the boat I choose to spend $60,000 on is the best otherwise why would I buy it.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
These threads are so stupid. Pick the boat that best suits your needs go test it on the water and buy the one YOU like. Like everyone else I am going to tell you that the boat I choose to spend $60,000 on is the best otherwise why would I buy it.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-14-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Not a stupid thread . . . sometimes it's nice to hear other's opinions. You may learn something new (from owners), that you would otherwise not learn from a commissioned salesman. Low class move to call someone stupid, for asking a question in a "discussion board."
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
I love the CC, but own a Malibu because it is just more comfortable as a family boat. If I were a single guy that had a couple of hardcore wake buddies then I would have bought the CC. If my wife decides she doesn't want to go to the lake anymore and the kids don't like it, then I am buying a SAN for sure. Like Ben said test them both out, and if one dealer says they can't give you a test drive, then I guess you buy the other brand. Simple as that.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I have been a Nautique guy thru and thru. I just spent a lot of time on the new bu at the show and I can say that there is little difference in quality. I think the general level of all boats is getting much better. I think at one time Nautique may have been way ahead, but the gap has closed significantly. Now, you must make your choice on wake, features, and price.

If CC and BU both made the exact same boat for my needs, I might choose CC simply because of brand loyalty...but a few $K is a few $K I could spend on options, gas, or accessories.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       01-15-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Own a 'Bu, but have been behind a few Nautiques. The wakes are different, it all comes down to interior room and what you want. The new VLX is really nice, last years Nautiques are really nice. You can get used to any wake, so just test drive both with your family (real important), and see which one everyone likes.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with either. Would own a CC then Supra if I didn't own a BU. The cockpit is a little small for me on the CC.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-15-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
I own an 06 220 and love the boat. My wife and I have two kids and we usually have another couple with their one kid on our boat. There is plenty of room for the four adults and three kids. I wouldn't say the 220 wake is too advanced for kids. It's very adjustable with the combination of ballast and the hydrogate. The surf wake is very nice on both sides of the boat with stock ballast only.

We owned a Tige 22V before this boat and I think the 220 has more space in the cockpit area. But like everyone has said, test drive and scour through the details of both boats you are considering and get the one that fits your needs the best. I don't think you would be unhappy either way.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-15-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Also....here is a link to some pics I posted that will give you an idea about the wake.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87667/374469.html?1166939832

Good luck. Boat shopping is very fun.