Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-09-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
When will someone build a cable park in california. Is it the money, liability, or does the wakeboard community in california not want it. I can only speak for myself when i say id love to see one if not a couple go up. Any opinions.
Old     (berryessa_mom)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
We are building a winch pond in our back yard. Haven,t heard of a cable park yet in Cali.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-09-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
I think someone has been on here talking about building one down south. Search for cable parks within the last three months on here.
Old    murrayair            11-09-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
The main issue is the liability involved, I think. California is the most litigious state in the union, and you just know some kid's parents are gonna sue the park when their kid ignores the park safety rules and hurts himself.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-10-2006, 4:40 AM Reply   
There is a cable in the process down in San Diego. I don't think that they have broken ground yet. But I think they have approval.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-10-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
They still got a long ways to go then.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-10-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
water rights. water rights, water rights
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-10-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about being sued. That's what insurance is for. Take a look around at all the MX parks in CA, and watch the ambulances file out on busy day.... They're still open everyday, so a waterpark is nothing. It just takes someone with the vision and the finacial backing to get it done. It's easy to talk about doing this or that, but when it comes to time to get busy, many fall by the wayside, afraid of the risk and whatnot.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-10-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
What part of san diego are they looking at for ground. Its a pretty spread out city. I was born and raised about 10 minutes from the classic jack murphy stadium(now qualcomm) and even though its spread out theres not much open land. Like i said though its a huge city anyone know where
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Santee lakes is where the SD park is going. I have heard, from a little birdie, that there will be another up north near Bakersfield. Can't wait for that.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-10-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Brandon - Now that I think about it, BV would be perfect for a cable.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
BV would be cool, but I don't think that it will be there, County park and all. I sent you a little note on your birthday, did you get it? Happy Birthday if you didn't.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-10-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
i also heard from a birdie that the sd park is thinking about no rails no jibs? any feedback? whats that about. This came from a ligit source too.
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-10-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Santee
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-10-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Here's the link: http://www.santeelakes.com/CableSkiPark.htm

I encourage everyone to post their opinions regarding this proposed project. Help out your SoCal peeps!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-10-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
I still say Reno is the best place to put one on the westcoast (for a first one) as the tourist community will support it, well maybe Vegas too.

Reno Hilton anyone? Get rid of the "aquarange" and make it a cable, its big enough and already there.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-10-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Im down with any progression on the west coast we just need to get it done. Whether its reno or cali.