Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
So this weekend I finally landed my first invert, backroll after about 25 attempts. I guess i'm curious as to what would be the next logical step? Do I go after tantrum or a 3?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
3. Learning a variety is the bet way to progress (I think). I am currently working on my first invert, after learning HS and TS 360. Its not going well. : (
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-03-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
the next logical step would be to land the backroll again. it's not yours until you've landed it at least 3 times.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
tru^dat.
Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
that is a good point joe but i've landed 6 of them now!
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-03-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Dude, I'm trying to stick my backrolls, but I come down n top of the 2nd wake, and w/ my weight a little far back over my heelside, (not on the tail) Just wondering if anyone knows how to help my sorry ass. Obviously try to get more speed @ the wake, but as far as being too far back.....
Old     (getsome137)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
maybe shorten the rope....
Old    abadsvt            07-03-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Also try cutting into the wake a little harder and jumping when you through yourself backwards. I always landed my backrolls but i never got very high. I kind of fixed my problem by cutting in a little harder and jumping at same time i through the trick. I have landed a few big rolls off a weak !@# wake. So if you have a decent size wake and you do it right you will land on the downside or the flats at 65'+.
Old    ascag            07-03-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Justin, try keeping the handle closer to your body and on your hip.