Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-05-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
We have offically been turned down by the new owners of 4-Star for holding MWWF there this summer. I have a new location, but it is a bit further south. My question to you all, is how far are you willing to drive to attend MWWF this summer? I know we have a GREAT following in the area we have held MWWF for the past 4 years, and would hate to cut you all out if you aren't willing to drive a little further.

Otherwise, please let me know ASAP if there is a location closer to 4-Star that I may have over looked.

www.midwestwakefest.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
im down to drive wherever, how about where the militia boys hold there events?

why the hell did they turn you down? we never caused any problems and im sure we brought them in some coin.

This thing better go off this year, I had such a good time on thursday and friday last year before i broke my rib.....I didnt even see the weekend events!
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-06-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I dont know much about it but you should check out Ramsey State Park. The lake there looks really nice.
Old     (sculmosis5)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-07-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
Forrest, I am game to go as far south as you need. It snowed today for a little bit and I'm ready to make the sacrifice to head south.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-09-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
I guess, I should have been a little more specific. The site in question is down toward Extreme Power Sports (Evansville, IL). It's about 5-1/2 hours South of Rockford.

Mike...the new owners are thinking there is going to be a bunch of construction going on there. Something about $200,000 condos. whatever.... So we may never have the penninsula back......And the spot where MM puts on thier events has been voted a No Wake area. They got grandfathered into the clause, but I doubt we would win that fight.

Scot... I will check out Ramsey too....

ThankSS for the input

www.midwestwakefest.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-09-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
keep us informed Forrest, Im really looking forward to this years event.

Ill drive however far needs to be driven, just might have to think about carpoolin.

Anything I can do to help let me know, I owe you and Annie for judging my comp.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-10-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
Mike... no worries... I may ask for your help w/ Mid West Snow Fest though.....

I think a couple of us are taking Fri & Sat to go check out Clinton, Shelbyville, & Evansville.

Scot..where is Ramsey State Park?? I would like to check that out as well.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-10-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
How about Kinkaid or Rend lake? Close to Carbondale.
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-10-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
I'm willing to go wherever the event is held, the last 3 years have been way too fun to pass it up. Keep us posted Forrest.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
Do you guys have a date in mind or did I overlook that?
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Works great for me... I live in southern IL. The kaskaskia is great down here... I'd also look at New Athens if I were you... its closer, more parking, better ramps, and better facilities. Of course I dont know if the event would need to be cleared or not.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-11-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
John... Rend Lake is where MWWF was originally held. Feed back from people that were at the Rend Lake MWWF's was not very good. Guess it gets choppy like crazy & you can't hold the DU contest near shore.

Jim... The dates would be the weekend of July 15th. So mark that down now, location TBD..lol

Russell...New Athens??? Where is that? (guess I could mapquest it)
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Kinkaid would be perfect. It is just outside Murpheysboro, IL and it has 50' cliffs on each side that guarentees smooth water and then plenty of places in the back to just hang out and jump off rope swings. I haven't been to MWWF but if there is a pro demo or a contest, there is a long run on the front arm with a nice grassy campsite that would be good for both camping and spectators. I have been going to this lake for years and have never had a day where I couldn't find good water.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-12-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
Forrest check this out: http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/PDF's/ramsey.pdf

Its about 4.5 hours south of rockford.

Although Kinkaid sounds really nice as well.
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-12-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
Forrest - New Athens is just a little north of Evansville. Like you said, if you mapquest it, you'll see. Both locations access the same river... I just think the facilities, access, and such would be better at New Athens. If you go down to check out Evansville, New Athens is on the way. If you need more information just let me know.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-12-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Andrew...How much rideable water is at Kinkaid?? We need to be able to have 20-30 boats running at the same time w/out running over one another. Not that we ever had quite that many at the same time, but you get my drift.

Scot... I will check out the link after I post this...

Russell...Sweet, if N.A. is close to Evansville, I will definitaly check it out. Are you going to be around Fri or Sat???
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Forrest - I'm actually over in Iraq until the end of May so I wouldnt be able to meet up this weekend but I know there are guys in the area that could help you out. If you end up holding the event down in Evansville or New Athens I'd be happy to help you out with things... just let me know.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-17-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
WOW, what a weekend. We zig-zaged all the way down the state of IL on Fri & Sat looking for the new home of MWWF. Found some great riding spots and a few worthy of holding MWWF. Then today (Monday) we headed north to check out a few lakes in WI, a few posibilities up there as well. I will be talking w/ the potential places this week and get a location finalized ASAP.

ThankSS for everyones input....
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Thank you for all your hard work!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
^what he said, the dedication is nice Forrest, and appreciated.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-18-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
It's all for the name of WAKEBOARDING.... gotta love it......