Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
The foot bed of my byerly bindings is separting from the the bottom of the binding at the toe area. Is there any glue that I could use there to attach the foot bed back on without hurting the material?
Old     (pcoak)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-11-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
send them back they'll give you new ones, that shouldn't happen.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Well, I got them 2 seasons ago, but I have really hardly used them. So I dont know if they would hastle me because they say they are two seasons old and it is time for new ones. If I pay 300 for them I would expect to be able to use them more than 20-30 times.
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
Any glue made for plastic and metal will work fine.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
They sell "Goop" Glue at home depot. It is the same stuff as Shoo Glue, except it is stronger. The set-up time is 24 hours, it is water proof, and supposedly it does not react with any type of foam or plastics. If they are not under warranty, try it and see if it works.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-11-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Luke,

I have had really good luck with some 3200lb *i think* epoxy. I actually had the same thing happen, and I just sent mine back. They used a similar epoxy, so when it happened to the other boot, I just found some at walmart. Look in the maintenance isle, it comes in a black tube applicator, with a double tip, which has two different solutions. When they mix together, a chem reaction takes place, and the stuff gets really tacky, then dries in like 30 minutes flat, to form a watertight seal and crazy strength. Then again, I am not an engineer, so this is only advice, not instruction. Use at your own risk...
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-11-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
dont hype bindings have a warranty
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Garret,
I have used that stuff before for other things. I just didn't know if it would hurt the foam. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
Marine Goop-at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Only about $5 and will save the hassle of sending them back. I use it all the time for binding issues.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-11-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Send em back and get brand new ones.