Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
From Coast to coast and between, what was selling at your boat show?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
boats and boating gear
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
What booths were slammed and which were dead? Or was it a big cluster ...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
this year seemed like the norm...hype, lf and cwb booths were packed. as were the cc, malibu and mc booths. the supra/moomba booths attracted a crowd as well. the rest were ok, 'cept for the tige' booth....looked really dead. l.a. show was definitely bigger (size of the show and crowd) than san diego show.

btw tonis, tell evan to hook me up w/ more cie stickers! mine got jacked! (well, not really jacked, but people wanted 'em)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
I think CIE is just about out of stickers.
New stickers and new graphics on the way though.

Greg Nelson said CWB outsold every other board mfger.

Hyperlite was offering 40% off 2006 gear in effort to try and move more units. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
hell ya CWB kicked ass this year
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Yeah I'll second that on the Tige booth.....same at the Mid Atlantic show in Charlotte, NC. MC, Malibu, Nautique all had great setups....really cool. Tige was like back in a corner with maybe two boats, a small sign, and buried by stuff for sale. I own a Tige, so that was disappointing. O'Brien was killing it with blowout gear. What was really cool was seeing a local group of riders there pitching their club, and talking cable park, wake camp, killer board shops, etc coming to our area, hopefully soon. The Southtown riders....really representing the sport.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-06-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
j-rod- hyperlite was offering 40% off of 2005 models, not 2006 stuff.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Oops, I was completely misinformed then.

My apologies for being full of shiat.
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-06-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
Birmingham: Malibu set(5 boats) seemed to be the biggest draw. CC had a pimped out rig (SV211, i think)w/monitors, and a ton of stereo that drew a crowd, but everyone seemed to gawk and walk.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-06-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
The 2006 stuff was 39% off .
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-06-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Tube Lites where flying off the shelfs fo sho
Old    mendo247            02-06-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
personally i loved hypes new stuff!

noticed the tige booth seemed slower than most also..

personally i had the most fun checking out all the stereo and tower accesories seemed like allot of other peolple were really into that area also..
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
i noticed the tige` booth was slower as well. it was too bad that the neighboring disasterraft (used solely for comic relief) booth was getting all of the attention.

the new 3ds def has my name on it now, as well as those watson boots. i'm so excited for this years equipment.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
Not sure about equipment, but our shop sold like 10 of those H.O. molecule inflatables! lol

FWIW, I know for a fact that the Supra/Moomba booth SOLD more boats than all of the other Inboard mfg's at the show (Malibu, CC, Mastercraft, Centurion). That makes two years in a row.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       02-07-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
Booth location can play a factor on your crowds but I noticed at our show it seemed everyone in the market for a wakeboarding boat had all the literature and were making the rounds and coming back to the show to look further.We sold a loaded 24Ve,loaded 24V with ballast,a 22V and a 20V at the show.I sold a Fish & Watson board off my boardracks on the boats.We don't usually take a display of boards & bindings to the show, I just use the boardracks and hang some tees,hoodies,and caps around my display that shows photos of trade-ins.We sold our most expensive boat a Formula 382 with twin HP 600's the first night of the show even though the attendance was dead.We were very pleased with all the sales from our three lines on display at the B'ham AL show.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-07-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
Supra/moomba was selling pretty hot in austin. I have a friend that works at the dealer and said they sold over 40 boats. I know that dealer has some cruiser and fishers as well, but i don't know the breakdown.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-07-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Hey Joe.... PM me your address again. You coming up to spring ride with Ant Bug? We'll have the new graphics, shirts and stickers by then.

We need to get down there and ride with you guys when the weather warms up....

End Hijack!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-07-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
The Supra/Moomba booth at the LA boat show was still busy at 8pm when I was there. 1st day of the show and they sold something like 10 boats .

I sont know if thats good or bad but I would have to thing with 7 days left in the show its probably pretty good.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-07-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
J-rod ~ Not really full of shiat. Liz got a new 06 HL set up for 20% off the already boat show sale price.
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-07-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
It was busy at the Malibu's and MC when I was there on the first Sunday. Two of my friends bought Malibu's, a wLSV and a 247. Can't wait to surf the 247.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
I got some Reef Fanning's for 18 bucks, oh yea...and they were selling boats :P
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-07-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Hmmm....so maybe I was right.

Scott A, maybe it's you that is full of shiat?!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-07-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
CWB booth was a zoo when my wife and I went to the show. I bought her a new pair of the pink Torq's with the hinge tech. She is really excited and can't wait to use them. Hyperlite booth seemed to be pretty quiet. Liquid Force was a little crowded as Shane was there. I never realized he was so tiny. MC was very crowded. That burgundy red color they have this year looks great.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-07-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I would bet more BEER was sold than anything else at the show. Maybe not dollar wise, but unit wise
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-07-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I was also at the show in Charlotte. Like posted above, Malibu, Nautique and MC had sweet setups. I was there on Saturday for about 5 hours and there didn't seem like a big crowd around the MC setup. Quite a few around the Nautique and Malibu. Also, Westport Marina with their line including Moombas and Supras was packed. I believe they sold quite a few and had a really good show. I got lucky and the wife let me buy a new Supra. The dealership is first class all the way. Southtown Riders were there in full force and working the crowd. Definitely good for the sport.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
i'm sure everyone gets 20% off of everything. if you paid full price, you're a dumbshiat!
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-07-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
We had a lot of interest in Moomba boats (specifically the XLV GG edition). For pro shop stuff, people were checking out the new boots from Hyperlite and CWB, and the new Roam and Murray boards.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-07-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
I bought a Roam for $99. You can't go wrong with that even though I think it's dumb.
The CWB booth was almost impossible to go into. I wanted to try on some of the hinge stuff but I couldn't get in. There were people everywhere.
MC's booth was awesome. first time a boat dealer has gone "outside of the box".
All in all a cool show. Saw Aaron Reed. He was out of control and funny as hell.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       02-07-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
SoCalrider "I bought a Roam for $99. You can't go wrong with that even though I think it's dumb. "

Seems to me like if the roam is dumb you did go wrong.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-07-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
^^^
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
that's the argument i have all the time with chicks. there's really no such thing as a "sale". the point of a "sale" is to entice you into buying something you had no intention of buying otherwise. by buying a roam on for $99, you're not saving a dime because you wouldn't have purchased the board had it not been on "sale". obviously, there are exceptions for people who would have bought the particular item regardless of price, but, for the most part, "sales" are merely a conspiracy to suck your money dry everytime your wife/girlfriend/both goes to the local mall. eventually, girls will catch on when they realize there's a "once a year sale" every three-day weekend in the same stores. and yes, i know i have issues
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-07-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Went to Dallas, Malibu, Supra and MasterCraft were rockin. LF and HYP were killing it. Only one CWB booth, not much in it? (Andrew A was in the MC booth), 4 Hyperlite and 2 LF dealers the show was killer. Next weekend is the slider deal should be big.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-07-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
The only thing I wish the Dallas show had was actual board manufacturer booths instead of just having the boat dealers with their proshops there because it always seems like the new equipment is just an after thought to the boat dealers. I would have loved to see a CWB, LF, and Hyperlite booth there run by those companies. Dallas is a huge market so board companies, make it happen next year.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-07-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I hate to break it to you j-rod but Cwb was not the number one booth it did well and I am happy to see it but not the number one.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-07-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
According to Nelson, CWB outsold all other board mfgers. It sounds like we all need to get our stories straight.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
last i heard, nelson wasn't a good source for sales figures.
Old    w8less1            02-07-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
I had no idea CWB was so in demand of their boards. I would of thought LF would be numero UNO. I guess Hyperlite is just the name it makes for itself.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
The sales associate at the CWB booth referred to Nelson as "my boss." I was told he now is manager over all Boarder's Paradise pro shops for all locations, and Boarder's Paradise happened to be running the CWB booth at the Pleasanton show. Greg was not around when I was there, but it's great to see him doing well within the industry, very well-deserved.

My funniest memory was of Shane Bonifay standing around bored on Sat 6/5 at the Pleasanton show. I talked to him a bit just because I was bored too. Hadn't seen him in many years since he was way small. He actually impressed me as a really cool kid despite the "fame" that has come his way.

Then there was Mike Schwenne signing posters surrounded by the usual flock of adolescent girlies, always good to see Mike, one of the most solid stand-up guys I've ever met in this industry.

Joe, thanks also for the heads up on Skier's Choice. I talked to Jodie with Delta Sport Boats, the local dealer, and he went above and beyond the call of duty to shoot the breeze with me, even after I told him I'm still not ready to buy a boat this year. Continuing to be impressed with Supra/Moomba at many levels. I like MasterCrafts a lot, but nobody at their booth even tried to give me the time of day.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
At the pleasanton boat show the CWB booth was without a doubt the #1 booth. They sold out of seven days worth of product on the first weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold more product than obrien, hyperlite and lf combined. Once again i am speaking only about the Pleasanton boat show.

J-Rod
It was nice meeting you in person
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-07-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 1:07 pm:

"last i heard, nelson wasn't a good source for sales figures."

Now that was funny!