Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    juice            11-11-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
I will be going to Costa Rica for New Years and I would like to go wakeboarding.
Old    tribal            11-11-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
I read in an old wake mag years ago about a guy riding in Golfito,inland waterways of the W Pacific in southern Costa.Works good if you're going surfing Pavones way [not that there's likely to be a S swell in January]

I think I've seen an actual camp somewhere in Costa Rica plugged on here before.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Where in Costa Rica are you going to be? I was down there about 7 years ago and there was a place in Quepos that would take you for a pull. Not too much to write home about but, it was nice to get out. Things may have advanced since then but it was pretty low budget at the time.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
I actually just did a quick search and came up with this.....

AquaSki Park, Costa Rica Stimulate your senses as you cut across immaculate liquid glass. Take a deep breath as you inhale the sweet fragrance of the constantly blooming flora, or simply blink your eyes as you focus on the brilliant colors of an exotic tucan as he sails across the sky. Whatever you’re looking for, Costa Rica has it.

The ski/wakeboard park consists of a private, man-made 3,500 ft. long fresh water lake surrounded by a 250-acre orange plantation and coconut palms with a view of Arenal Volcano.

sounds pretty sweet!