Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    meekee38            11-03-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Looking to do a roadtrip to tallahassee with my rv and boat. Hoping to find someone to suggest me a lake to ride with a campground near or on it. Have been checking out AAA and other places, and have had no luck thus far. If anyone knows of anything, please hit me up!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-04-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Seminole is pretty big but be very careful and stay in the deep areas. Buddy was rushing back right at dusk from going through the lock and heading down the Chatahootchee and we hit a stump. Bent prop, sounded like the whole drivetrain was getting ripped out. This was 2 years ago so I dont know what the levels are right now but barges regularly travel so they must keep it deep enough for them?
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-04-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
Oh yea we camped at Seminole state park, right on the water. Do a search for "Paradise Acres, Ga" in mapquest and its right there.
Old    meekee38            11-05-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thanks, I will have to check it out.
Old     (lfwrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2005, 11:46 PM Reply   
Tallahassee is not the best place for lakes. I go to school here and I live on Lake Bradford (SW Tallahassee). When I was looking to buy a house, it was the only lake in the area that did not have a major problem with depth and tree stumps. The flint river (1 hour north) and the bays (45min south and salt water) are the only others places I would put my boat in. My e-mail is kyleprawdzik@yahoo.com . If you do come to town and need a place to stay or a place to ride, let me know. We always welcome fellow wakeboarders.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-07-2005, 12:07 AM Reply   
... about time you got in on this Kyle.
Old     (lfwrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2005, 11:15 PM Reply   
Paul, you know that I don't usually check the forums anymore. I just got tired of writting my paper on Ukrainian Post-Soviet economic systems and needed a brake.
I expect you to check the forums for me.... since you are always on them.