Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    faceşlant540            11-07-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
Im pretty new to the sport, ive been out wakeboarding about 6 times now with a beginner board its a 140 Hyperlite Motive. Im starting to clear the wake and I can land 180's and spin on the water.

I now want to get a new board that will help me progress and give me big air time, but i also want the board to be fast.

Does the 2006 Omega fit me? if not what other board would i like?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-07-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
sure it will fit you, as long as you've demo'd and liked the board.

if not, give the cwb marius a shot.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-07-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
The Motive is Shaun Murrays pro model from 2001 and previous years... Calling it a 'beginner' board is not quite correct. More like is forgiving and consistent. If the board works keep it. Other then that the Omega would be a great board as will the Liquid Force Trip!
Old    faceşlant540            11-07-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
I only called it a "beginner" board because its skill level says beginner on this websight.

(Message edited by faceşlant540 on November 07, 2005)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
fp5, that board (motive) is very capable of taking you way past beginner. But if you think it's not quite right for you, the best thing to do if you have the option is demo every board you can get your hands on.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-07-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
The CWB Absolute, Pure, and Flame are great boards too. All have big rockers and aren't too slow.

But, I would agree that the Motive is a great board. Shaun Murray RULED on that board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-07-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Shaun used to stomp 9's on that board. I landed my first 5 on that board and still break it our because it is such a fun, smooth shape. Put a one inch fin on her and ride int othe sunset. Nick Heaney(Hyperlite rider) still uses that board as his preferred deck, fancy that...
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-07-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
faceplant540........ I wasn't calling you out for calling it a beginner board dude, so dont worry. You are correct the website does refer to it that way, I just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't, that the board is an amazing board to progress on! Good Luck on finding the board for you.
Old    faceşlant540            11-07-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
If my Motive is a good board would I notice a major difference from the boards mentioned above?

I also have not ridden it finless yet
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-07-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
I have ridden quite a few boards including the Motive/Belmont, Marius, Absolute, Parks, etc. Not near as many as others here though. It seems to me that EVERY board is somewhat different in pop, speed, edge, etc. Really the best thing to do is hook up with other riders or get demo boards, and ride a bunch and see what feels right to you. It really makes no difference if someone else thinks it is a great board. It may not feel right to you, and the only way you will know is to take it for a spin.

Good luck. There are many great boards out there. The Motive you have is one of them. No rush to get off of that one.