Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-11-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/238908.html

I told someone I'd post better pictures of the Malibu Chopper. Well, the original thread (linked above) has been archived so I can't bump it back up. Here is somemore images, I found them on Wakeboarder.com obviously. They were taken at the RidetheWake wakeboarding event ft. Shaun Murray a couple months ago.

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
Wow is that gay.
Love Malibu's but wouldn't want to be seen in that.
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2005, 6:00 AM Reply   
agreed
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Possibly the ugliest tower ever...and those graphics, wow. I think malibu is targeting those 9-11 yr old kids who have over $50k to spend on a boat with this one.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I believe it's a couple of years old, not sure of the model though. It's John's boat, the foreman of the Malibu factory in Loudon
Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-12-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
NO they are targeting those rednecks that you see with the westcoast chopper tattoos,hats,shirts,and stickers on everything they own.They will pawn their house for that boat
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       08-12-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Looks like an 04 VLX to me. A very FUGLY one at that!

What's next...? Tribal Tattoo, Flame Graphics, Checkerboard, WC Chopper logo, all combined with a big "X" sticker.... that's EXTREEM! Guess the marketing spin is the bigger the graphics the cooler the boat...

The only thing missing is a black H2 with matching graphics to pull that thing…
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-12-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
this might not be the right place to ask this, but since the boat pictured has it, I thought I would. isn't the "Iron Cross" and old German award that Hitler gave to officers?? and isn't it proudly displayed along with the swastikas that skinheads wear? if this is the case, then why is it so widely accepted nowadays. just curious, since I have never really seen it on a boat before.
BTW, that is the ugliest bu I have ever seen.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Good question, thomas. I took it upon myself and looked up what it really meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

The Iron Cross (German: Eisernes Kreuz) is a military decoration of Germany which was established by King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and first awarded on 10 March 1813. The Iron Cross is only awarded in wartime and is presented in grades depending on the rank of the servicemember. In addition to the Napoleonic Wars, the Iron Cross was awarded during the Franco-Prussian War, and the First and Second World Wars. It has not been awarded since May 1945.

The Iron Cross is perhaps most directly associated as a medal of Nazi Germany. However, it remains a powerful military symbol in German culture and was taken up again by West Germany's military forces (the Bundeswehr) in 1955.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-12-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
You may want to look up "Maltese Cross". The Germans just adopted the design and called it the Iron Cross.

The eight pointed cross dates back to the crusades.

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
The Maltese Cross has a different look, check it out at

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on August 12, 2005)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_Cross_%28symbol%29

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on August 12, 2005)
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-12-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
sorry for the hijak everyone. thanks for the info. did I mention that I think that boat is ugly??
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
idiots
Old    chris_hargis            08-12-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
Don't care for the cross on the tower, but the paint looks pretty cool.

Oh sorry everyone, I had an original thought...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-19-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
I think that is real bad taste just because that symbol is directly associated with the Nazi Germany.
It is like painting your boat with the twin towers falling apart.
It doesnt matter who you simpathize with, none of those things should be celebrated.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-19-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
If you really want to get technical about it, it's a Cross Formée or Cross Pattée. It's been around for hundreds of years.

http://www2.prestel.co.uk/church/oosj/cross.htm

Claiming it's anything similar to, "...painting your boat with the twin towers falling apart" is a pretty far stretch. It's more like, "Getting offended because somebody had an airplane painted on their boat and that's the weapon that was used to destroy the twin towers."

Either way, that is an ugly boat.

Old    xtremrider            08-19-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
Being a redneck myself i thought it was ok. I dont think i would request it because its a bit too loud of a statement for me.

Wake on,
Chris
Old    chris_hargis            08-19-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
In 0rder to say what this symbolizes, you really should just ask the owner. It is like a personlized plate that reads GFY, could it mean Go F%$# Yourself or Golf For Youths. To sit there and get offended just means that you are easily offended. Now if the owner says it represent Nazi Germany and the holocaust, then you will know what it symbolizes. I just honestly think too many people are too quick to get offended.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-19-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
Finally Malibu is coming out with there own graphic style instead of copying some other brands that came out with the tribal graphic. Now they have copied the mini tower. Glad to see that they are getting original in there design even if it does look horrible. NAZI Graphics...give me a break
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-19-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
Ok JOE, take note, I want a boat with some islamic paintings about "kill the unfaithfuls"
does that offend anyone?

By the way, if that symbol is from the crusades as someone stated above, it is as bad as the nazi thing.

(Message edited by luchog on August 19, 2005)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2005, 12:15 AM Reply   
yes, the iron cross was used by nazi gemany as a medal. to automatically associate the cross with nazis is to be very ignorant. is there not a u.s. military medal that has an iron cross?

Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2005, 7:18 AM Reply   
The iron cross has been around for ever. While it was a German military metal for hundreds of years, associating it with Nazi Germany is a stretch in my opinion. According to things I've read, Hitler gave this metal out only to keep German tradition.

This symbol has also been around since the beginning of hotrodding in the U.S. Surfing, Kustom Kulture, Choppers, and other sub-cultures have adopted this symbol and have been using it for decades. I'm guessing this is where the creators of this boat were getting their influence.

Anyway, I don't think this boat is something done by Malibu. Check out Xtreme Tower Products http://www.xtremetowers.com/index.php?action=showContent&contentId=2. I would bet many of you own a boat with a tower made by this company.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-20-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Fellas, I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I seem to remember talking to John (owner of said boat, and foreman of Malibu-Loudon) and him saying it's the West Coast Chopper's thing.

Don't get bent out of shape, I've talked to John a few times and the very last thing he is is a Nazi sympathist.

And no, It's not a Malibu tower. Just as jlembas just said. Maryville, TN is not a 30 minutes drive from the Malibu factory.

(Message edited by loudontn on August 20, 2005)
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-20-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
It must be a trailer thing today but if i put that much money into doing up a boat like that, I would at least give it a tandem trailer. regardless of whether it gets trailered alot or not.
Old    sangerfan            08-20-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
that boat rocks, I bet you that thing is a chick magnet. I think the tower is sweet. I would board anytime behind that. I bet half you guys that said it was ugly would be like "thats sick" if you saw it at the lake.
Old    supra_herman            08-22-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
Sorry brian i think its ugly. way to radical. And the tower looks pretty cheap lookin. I wonder what malibu would think of this?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Brian... I will stick with my opinion... I still say it's FUGLY!

Not sure why some people skimp and go with a single axle trailer.... with the prices of boats today... I would hate to have a tire blow out on the freeway and worry about my boat getting shreaded.

Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-22-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
The Germans still use that as the insignia on all of the aircraft etc.......I am pretty sure they would be the most sensitive of all of us if it was the symbol of the Nazi party........Hitler only used the award that existed in the military already......his symol....the swaztika (sp) would definitely make a bad statement on a boat.........in the end the guy could probably care less what any of us think.
Old    penny4urthots            08-25-2005, 2:28 AM Reply   
Holy Kookville Batman!!!

Krazy Kraut Kook talk is beyond old here kidz. Get a friggin clue would ya??

Westcoasters all seem to agree that this Wal-Mart esque Malibu is f@%!*$ out of control. While we are at it lets "pimp out" out an 06 Dodge 1/2 ton with a gnarly HEMI in it and dress her up with that stylishly gay LUND plastic BS to tow it.

And for the record, to you snivlin equal rights fanatics... If this Neck truly was reppin' triple-K all the way as you are rambling about, don't you think he would have the sack to just run a CNC'd swastika on his ride???