Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    naylz            08-04-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
We are thinking about riding Bull Shoals and I am curious for any information/advice?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
what info are you looking for?
Bull Shoals is an awesome place to ride as there is butter everywhere!!
Old    jeff_h            08-04-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
Bull Shoals is a great place to ride. I live on the lake and it is glass all day long in some places. When we go out we usually only see about 4 or 5 boats out and they are bass boats. Bull Shoals covers a big area, where are you going to be? What other info do you need?
Old    naylz            08-04-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
We are coming from KC and we've never been to this lake. Where should we ride? Were are the best places fro butter? We will most likely camp so any ideas on that? Should I keep an eye for you guys on the lake?
Old    naylz            08-04-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
Ronia, I see you are a Lake St. Louis person. I grew up in St. Louis and riding that lake. Have friends that live out there.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
Yup. LSL here. How's the riding out KC way? Do you do the INT's there? I heard there are a couple of nice lakes in KC.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-04-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Just came back from Bull Shoals last weekend. Took the RV and went to bullshoalslakeboatdock.com. Had a great time.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-04-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Mike, I grew up in LSL. Who do you know out there, I probably know the same people
Old     (bmfb)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
mike, used to live in the bull shoals area and rode there often, stayed at buck creek campground. heaps of good water everywhere. if you're through springfield stop into the ski shack, they'll let you know what's up. hopefully this link works. http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/ar/buck/newindex.html
Old    naylz            08-04-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
Double D, I used to live in Springfield in fact that is where my brother bought his boat. I am sure we'll stop by there on our way, great shop/people! I am friend with the Beinecke family. Jan, Greg and Jeff Beinecke. As well as the Province family. We spend many forth of July's at the ski shows and fireworks.

NIT? I wish! I'm not good enough for NIT. I would love to really improve my riding just don't know how to kick it all up a notch. Maybe need to ride with someone who is really good to help me out.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-04-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
Yup, I know the Beinecke's. Friends with Jeff, actually he got me a job at Bud's place 10 years ago. I am also real good friends with both Jason and James Province.
My advice to you about Bull shoals is G0!, you won't be disappointed.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on August 04, 2005)
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Bull shoals has got to be one of the best lakes for boarding. Quiet, deep and alway glass. I have a few pics from the lake.

We stay by Oakland AR. There is a camp ground on the lake right there. Otherwise Black Oaks Resort usually has good rates on cabins and has a private dock with slips. http://www.blackoakresort.com/

(Message edited by scooby76 on August 04, 2005)
Old    tod            08-05-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Been going to BS for most my life. It does not matter where you stay BS is incredible. Good lodging is scare/non-existant but I like the northern shore between Theadosia and HWY 125. Check water levels before you go it has been dry lately and I know Table Rock is down about 10ft.

BTW great pics! Here are a few of mine I found on the work comp..............

Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-06-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
These pictures are awesome! And, for any of you who have not been to Bull Shoals, they are more the norm than the exception...
I am the President of the Theodosia Area Chamber of Commerce and would be happy to send any of you who request it, one of our "Orange Books", the publication put out by the Chamber each year that lists all of the resorts, business', and campgrounds in the area. You can either email me at heidrich@townsqr.com or through the chamber at tacc@fidmail.com
Our website is www.missourichamber.com/theodosia
There are lots of great places to stay in the area, including our resort (shameless plug)
www.soakupthesuninc.com
If you are in the area, stop by and say "hi"!
Lauri