Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    r_dub            06-21-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Hey,is anyone going to the Vans triple crown in Indianapolis in Aug? Or has anyone been to the location? I was wondering if there is a campgrounds near by.
Old    indywakechica            06-21-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yep going and have been there before. It's smack in the middle of a bunch of office buildings. I can't think of any campgrounds anywhere even close to this place. I'd say you're about 40 minutes from any camping spots around there.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
Yep, no camping, but plenty of hotels and you are only about 15 mins from Indy's premier nightlife down the road in Broadripple. Let us know if you need anymore info Ryan.

Jb
Old     (wakeduster)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm going. I wish there were more things in the midwest. Then again there aren't a thousand good places to have events. Oh well
Old    r_dub            06-21-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how much these events cost? And what is the atmosphere like? There used to be a wakeboard open event that came to Cincinnati a LONG LONG time ago that I went to a few times. It was cool, got to see guys that have been in it for a long time like Shapario, Murray, Parks, and Shane as a little guy. It was cool, but there as like no drinking or partying or anything like that. Im sure things have changed over the years.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I think the event is something like $10 per day. I don't know if multi-day passes are available for cheaper or not, I usually only go one of the days. The Vans stops are usually pretty laid back. There is a beer tent at the stop in Indy and I don't think anyone cares if you bring your own cooler full of refreshments. Worst case scenario, you leave the cooler in your ride and take frequent beer breaks.

There are a few local watering holes not far from where the event will take place, but if you looking for a real party with a generally younger crowd, Broadripple is about 15 minutes south of where the event takes place. There is your array of bars from outside joints with live bands to your local clubbin' joints. I usually attend the event with some of my boys, and we all usually just go back home to our wives, but I am sure there is a good time to be had if you are looking for one.

Jb
Old    jeffer            06-21-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Actually, I heard the Precedent Office Park where the event was supposed to be held has been sold and is under new ownership. From what I was told if they are unable to renegotiate the contract, they will have to find a new venue due to the new owners liability concerns. This is the reason why the two INT League events are also relocating to a new venue, and the June 26 event was rescheduled for July 18. Hopefully, they'll get things straightened out, because I live within walking distance of that place and I think it's a pretty cool place for a tournament.
Old    indywakechica            06-21-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
Jeff where's the new place you're talking about? How's it going by the way? :-)
Old    jeffer            06-21-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hope, I'm sorry. I live within walking distance of the Precedent. I have no idea what other venues they are considering. That's just what I was told from the head of the INT. I will be going out with Jason this week so maybe I'll see you then.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
The Precedent is definetly a cool venue. I've been a few years back when the PWT stop was there.

Hopefully they'll get it worked out. Cheap hotels across the street, Broadripple's not far, and nice water.

I think I'll shoot down for a day or two.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-22-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
Hi Ryan, we will be there as well. We know of people that drive in in their RV's and stay in the host hotel parking lot. Never had a problem. As far as tickets, I can get you some comp'ed, we will just figure out where to meet and I will get them to you. HTH! robyn
Old    r_dub            06-22-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Excellent! Thanks!. Once it gets closer to the event, I'll send you a message to figure out where to meet.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-22-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
no problem, see ya there!