Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (conrmic)      Join Date: Jan 2015       03-14-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
My advice would be to move to Texas, and go to Orlando occasionally.

Texas is the new mecca of wakeboarding. With 8 full size cable parks and plenty of lakes it pretty much takes a dump on Florida.

Florida is so over populated with world class riders that it is easy to get overlooked.

It would be good to go to Florida for maybe a month make some friends and meet a few team managers from some of the board companies then make a name for yourself in a different area.

Boat riding may not be the answer either. With wakesurfing being so simple that any average guy can be good at it, I feel that wakeboarding has peaked and will be surpassed. Boat companies are making much more sales through wakesurfing than wakeboarding. (I feel that wakesurfing is extremely lame and should have never been discovered)

If you ride well, make the right connections and promote yourself well you will succeed.

I feel that Texas is the best place to be at the moment, thats why I choose to be there.
First of all, couldn't agree with you more when it comes to wakesurfing. Fun to just fool around and do once in a while but idk how people have turned it into something almost as big as wakeboarding haha. But I never thought about or looked into Texas. Are you currently in my position trying to go pro or do you just ride for fun? And any ideas of places to stay or such that i could get by for a year before college? Thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated