Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-20-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
Ive rode twice with my CTI OTS, and I can't figure out why it hits my thigh when I land. It's given me a pretty decent bruise. Is there something that I might be doing wrong?
The brace is for my right knee, and it hits about two or three inches above my knee cap, towards my inner thigh.
Old    BenjTrogdon            11-20-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
Mine did the same thing.

You are wearing it too low on your leg... Just pull it up and it will feel amazing
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-20-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Yeah that's what I figured, but it just slides down after like 3 hits
Old     (brett_cti_knee_braces)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-20-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
Couple of tips to help with brace suspension: I always encourage the use of AMS wraps to reduce migration. I would also suggest that you wet the braces before application. Let the straps saturate with water as they will stretch a little when wet. Set the braces up a little higher as they will typically shift down a bit - and usually right into the correct position. Make sure the bottom 2 straps are pretty tight, as these are the more important straps for keeping the braces in correct suspension. It is important to lock that lower part of the brace down securely on your tibia. The top 2 straps are to be comfortably snug. If you tighten the top 2 straps too much, they will force the brace down your leg as your quads start to fire and expand.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to hit me up with any questions.
...Brett
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-21-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
where to buy AMS wraps Brett?
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-21-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
Thanks a lot Brett, I think I was probably tightening the top two straps too much.
Do you have any photos of the AMS wrap? I have something like it but I'm not sure if it is the right one
Old     (brett_cti_knee_braces)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-21-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
There are some pictures of it on buywake.com. You should definitely use the AMS wrap. All my pro riders use it. It is the best for suspension.

www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/iaYof
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-22-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
AMS is where its at!!! I'm on my 3rd one tho and its beat to hell hahaha I ride a ton so its expected. Really keeps the brace from slipping... and a secret is to take the cloth piece that comes on the bottom of the brace (since you don't need it with the AMS), flip it upside down and put it on the thigh section to keep the top part from sliding down your thigh

Brett... You guys do a rebuild kit I can buy? I've got a custom and all my velcro straps and my AMS are really beat up. They've lasted for a good while but I'd love to get all new stuff to snug it back up. Post a link or something if its out there.

Thanks!
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-22-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
felt sooo much better today, didn't slide at all
Old     (brett_cti_knee_braces)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-23-2011, 1:13 PM Reply   
All parts and refurbishment questions/orders can go through Ossur's general customer service department. The number is: 800.233.6263.