Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-12-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
For my new setup this season i am going with Ronix. The only problem is i can't demo and i don't have local boardshops and riders to talk to. That is why i am relying on you guys for some input and help. I have narrowed my choice of setups to the Viva, Mana, and District. I am definatley going with the 2011 model in whatever board i choose. I am completely torn between these three! I have watched all the videos and researched and idk what to do or choose. Help!

Recently, I have an old Hyperlite, don't like it or really any Hyperlite boards. When i first got in the wakeboard game i rode CWB, ok and not really a big fan of them now. I almost went with Liquid Force but Ronix is definitely my top choice now. I haven't seriously wakeboarded in a while because i didn't have a board i liked, so i wakeskated and surfed.

So, if you guys could tell me your opinions or anything about these boards that would be great! I am an intermediate rider with some w2w spins, grabs, combos, nothin to big or fancy at all. My riding style is probably like free ride: idk how to explain it to help you guys help me. The boards i have narrowed it down to sound like me. I only ride behind my Nautique at the lake, so no cable park for me, unfortunately. I would like to try. But probably not gunna happen.

Thanks in advance! Have a rippin summer!
Taylor.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey Taylor!
All three boards are great choices, is there any chance of letting us know the model of hyperlite you had and why you hated it?

A safe bet would be the district. It does suit more riding styles, where as the other two are more specific. The Mana being quite aggressive and the Viva being the continuos hard charger.

IMO the district is an underrated board, I really enjoy it and will probably get one as soon as there's a grind base available on it. (as I love rails!)
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
The only thing I can say really is that the District is selling like hot cakes for my board shop. Not too much info on the other two though.

This kinda puts a spanner in the works but I don't think you should close off options for the wrong reasons:

What made you not consider the Bill or Phoenix? If its a cable park thing I wouldn't let that put you off. I ride boat and rode both of these recently and loved both! The Bill is pretty fast and kinda loose but overall a really easy and fun board to ride. The Phoenix is a bit slower but tracks and pops like something else, plus jelly mushy soft landings. Went out behind a ski boat last week and managed about 80-90% of my tricks on the Phoenix.

At the end of the day though, considering the amount of thought you put into the decision, you could pick any of those boards and be happy with it.
Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-12-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Kristian- I believe it was an '07 Hyperlite Drive....it was slow, inconsistent, not very hoppy, heavy, and bigger. So i rode that and my lil bro's CWB off an on. But as for these new boards, it is going to be an awfully hard choice.

Brian- I did consider those, but like you said they were meant for cable riding so i kinda just let em' go...but idk. I did like the bill. I heard it was fast, poppy, and soft landings....and alot of people rode it primarily behind the boat. The pheonix i have not heard much on at all and have no idea what it rides like. All i heard that it was an awesome cable board and could be ripped behind the boat.

Keep the info and chat going. I really want to decide soon so i can get it ordered and can ride ASAP for the summer!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-13-2011, 5:27 AM Reply   
I don't think anything changed between the 2010 and 2011 Viva, except for the graphics. You could probably find a good deal on a 2010.

If you want a fast board I would go with the Viva.
Old     (ckdollar)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2011, 5:38 AM Reply   
I am in love w/ my Vault. It is designed to make toeside a lot easier.

Toeside rail is thinned out to sit deeper in the water creating additional grip from this sharp profile
Toeside fins are deeper, longer and closer to the rail for a strong/stable edge hold

Plus the 2011 Vault + White One Boots looks great.
Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-13-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Jeremy - The 2010 and 2011 models of the Viva are COMPLETELY different. They are totally different shapes. The 2011 Chad created from scratch and new for this year.

Cody - I looked at the Vault..idk. Not my type. Probably a great board and glad to see you like it. Ronix is a killer company.

Brian - After you mentioned those two boards, i am considering the Bill setup...idk about the Pheonix. I don't want a slower board that has a later pop like that one does...I would love to talk to you more about the Bill setup though!