Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Ok Guys, I need your help. In a nutshell, my boat is in the classifieds for sale. I just winterized it last weekend and she is ready to go to hibernation. If it were to sell prior to November 1st, I'd sell it for $12,700 - Just a tad above what I owe.

So this dude calls me (I have gotten a call before about a truck of mine I sold from a different company) telling me this jibberish about how there is a 99.9% chance they can sell my boat to someone and finance it for them before November first for about $1,500 more than what I am asking because of the bank and loan situation at the moment.

There is a small fee of $200 for them to do so and if they dont sell it before it goes into storage even if I cannot remove it while it is in storage they will sell it while its in storage to someone and in April when she comes out she is already someone else's. Sounds cool right?!

Sounds super cheesy to me and sounds not like a scam but like a stupid sales pitch for something that wont work -- even though they already have "over 100 people interested in my boat".

What do I do? Do I believe them, pay and see if it works? Or do I tell them to F themselves and keep my boat and try to sell it come April (if it doesn't sell prior).

The dude's name is Eddie Cullen and the website is

www.eddiecullen.com and the information on the company and the license is in there including expert autos and boats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            10-20-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
sell it on your own..
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   

quote:

they can sell my boat... for about $1,500 more than what I am asking

quote:

There is a small fee of $200 for them to do so

Tell them if they sell it, they can keep whatever is over your asking price. Otherwise tell them to f-off. SCAM!!

-Steve
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-20-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Could not pull up any scam or warnings on google about this place.

Sounds like a guy who charges you for his work placing ads for your items in different locals across the US. Offering financing makes these offer more appealing to buyer. I say be careful and ask for references.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       10-20-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
good point Steve.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Walk away man, if you can't sell your boat on craigslist or onlyinboards this guy can't help you.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       10-20-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
For less money then $200 you can buy a feature ad on onlyinboards and boattrader plus you can put it on wakeworld and craigslist for free. If you don't sell while on those sites, it is not going to sell at the price you are asking. I put my boat on those sites starting in sept and it only took 4 weeks to get 5 offers and a sale very near my asking price. (5 offers because many were unable to get financing and fell through) Boat was a 99 Supra Launch which sold for 17k. If it is on all those web sites and not selling, it is because you are asking too much $$ and there is not a buyer who wants to pay that for your boat.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
^^^ That's what I am thinking away. I had no intentions of actually taking him up on his offer but just like Johnny Neves said, there's no bad repertoire anywhere on the net. 99.9% chance I wont do it, and I will sell it on my own. I just had to see what you all had to say about this!
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-20-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
"there is a 99.9% chance they can sell my boat to someone and finance it for them before November first for about $1,500 more than what I am asking"

Thats when you tell him....If you are that confident, buy it from me and you can make all the profit you want off of it!!!
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-20-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
I only know this because my old lady talks about it all the time...the movie TWILIGHT..... Eddie (edward) Cullen is the name of the main character...

id call the fool back and play with him
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-20-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
It's a scam. I got the same call when I was selling my wife's MDX. They will take your money and you get nothing. I like jimmy z's idea.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Haha thanks guys. That's all I needed! :-D
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-20-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
"Zamboni Driver.." eh....is that what the kids are calling it nowadays...
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
^^^ Hahaha, I wish I could create some sort of an innuendo but truthfully I am/was a Zamboni Driver. Now I am just a Physical Therapy Student with no time to drive the Zamboni any longer