Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have the pull out heater vent and the plastic "star" grill that you pull on, broke. Anyone know if you can just replace the plastic grill?
Also, has anyone added a third pull out vent in the rear seating area?
Boat is an X30.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
You can replace the entire hot tube. Parts are available from http://www.heatercraft.com. That piece breaks all the time. Someone should start making them from something other than cheap plastic.

You can add vents. Either by adding a Y to the air hoses (which cuts down on their efficiency) or by installing a larger core (see the website). I had a 3 vent core on my MC 205 with 5 vents in the boat, 3 of which were hot tubes. It rocked!

Also, check out the Y adapter for the water intake. It will improve heat at idle speeds..... something on my list to accomplish over the winter.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-05-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
go2marine.com can probably get you those parts at a cheaper price

Bill- did you actually get decent airflow from those 5 vents? I have a 4 outlet heater and get a very weak flow even when I only have 2 vents open.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
The 3 vent core has 2 fans. I had 2 vents I could close off installed up on the dash (defoggers). And then 3 hot tubes. So I could defog the windshield, then close them & get good heat from the other 3. Worked great.
But with the single fan on the 2 vent core I imagine it would not do well at all.
Also, the Y adapter for the water inlet made a big difference too.
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Bill.
Can not find the y adapter for the water inlet on the website. Only the y adapter for the heater hose.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Here it is
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Thanks,
I'll have to to take a look to see if that piece was installed.
Best damn option on the boat. Just wish I could plumb that third outlet in the rear with out loosing volume.
go2marine didn't look like they had what I was looking for. Probably will just have to order from the manuf.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-05-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Couldn't you just pipe in an additional or higher rpm fan? I have a 2 vent model and wish I had the 3 or 4.

BTW - don't buy a heater core from them, just take the measurements and do your homework and you can get one from a Ford truck (or something similar) for 1/4 of the price.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Yea, I'll second that Timmy. We've replaced a couple of them from Napa cores. I thought it was a Mustang but I don't recall specifically.

Maybe just install a 2nd core & 2 more vents? I think if I were going to improve the situation in most any v-drive, I'd put a core in the back with the water supply hoses in series. And 2 new vents in the back.