Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-27-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
I was on the lake today having my first pull behind my new boat after the break-in hours and what did we find...not one but two comp wakeboard vests. One was a new model Jet Pilot and one was a Liquid Force. Both were found floating in separate locations. I saw two wake boats on the sandbar and asked them if they were missing any vests...nope. Only saw fishing and pontoon boats after the two wake boats.

(Message edited by you_da_man on September 27, 2009)
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
Nice find! I found a nice tackle box last year like that. Not my thing but my brother in law appreciated it.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-27-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
probably flew off the back of someones sundeck after riding. Bummer for those people that lost it, that stuff is expensive if you don't have a sponsor or hookup. Sweet for you tho! :-)
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-27-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
I found a real nice big bumper one time. I gave it to my brother in- law for his houseboat and then someone stole it. Guess it never was realy his.

(Message edited by Ajholt7 on September 27, 2009)
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Yeah now is the time to visit the lakes when the water level is low. You find all sorts of things. I've found fishing poles anchors, sunglasses, etc...
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
Gotta love the treasure finds...............eyes are always peeled.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
When you start finding boards and vests, is when you start looking around for oil slicks and bubbles!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
I found 2 dead guys on separate occasions.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-28-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Seriously?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-28-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
"I found 2 dead guys on separate occasions."

They didn't have what the Russian Mafia calls beauty marks between their eyes?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-28-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Billy, details?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
When I worked at Cypress Gardens i had a tour boat full of tourists and came up on a guy I went to school with dead in a half sunk canoe. It was February so it was cold and he and a buddy left a party on the lake the night before. They decided to go out in a canoe drunk and they must have tipped the canoe during their trip. I found the one guy in the canoe and his friend a week later floating upside down. Each time with a boat load of tourists. I can tell you the tourists were freaking out each time. The bad thing was I knew both dead guys pretty good.
The guy in the canoe died of hypothermia and the second drowned.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-28-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
What are the water temps like in Winter Haven in February?