Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Good, Bad or Ugly whats your opinion?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-24-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
This is the board I have and I have no complaints (though, last year was my first year owning a board). It has good pop, decent speed, and it really locks in on the edging. I have yet to ride it without the middle fin (will try it this summer), so I'm not sure how loose it can get. Maybe some else with more experience will chime in.

Moon
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Good pop, slow, tracks well, lands hard. Great board, but the shape is a little dated IMO.
Old     (brink)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-24-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
i ride mine mostly on the cable because it has the grind base, but behind the boat it is pretty slow, pops real hard, and lands VERY hard in the flats imo. I like the shape but might go for something that lands a little softer.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sounds like I will leave the board on the shelf I want fast fronts and mild landings maybe I'll step up a few levels and look into a s4
Old     (tysonma)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-25-2009, 4:31 AM Reply   
S4 or Lyman will be your best bet.
Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Is the S4 much faster?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-28-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Substance is a solid board. I don't find it slow, my coach was always yelling at me to mellow out on it. It does land harder than many newer boards though.

I tried the Watson and didn't like the feel as much as the substance, moved to the Lyman and loved it.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-29-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
i'll talk a witness over a substance any day.