Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-15-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
ok so i have 142 slinghsot recoil i like the board but my bindings are insanly heavy and take away from the lightness of the board, i wanna get new bindings or sometin or even put my old hyperlite's on...any sugestions or hook ups
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-15-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
if u want light, prob the lightest right now is the LF FLY series, insanely light. Ronix 09 stuff is also pretty light.

If you want to stay with the 4 hole pattern, the company binding is very comfortable and reasonably light.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2009, 4:30 AM Reply   
what bindings do you have on there now? all of the SS bindings seem to be pretty light.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
My D2's aren't bad at all

D2 + 142 recoil =10lbs
thats only like 1.5 lbs per boot
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
my driver boots are extremely light! Hyperlite boots are like the heaviest, why would you put those on?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
i ride the D2's as well...not sure you can get noticably lighter
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
agreed, I ride a response with the D2's and they are way light
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-16-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
i have the PB Floyds on mine and its pretty light
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
on brian's profile he says he is using the "driver" bindings... so does that mean the first edition ones or the D2 or D3?

Ive heard the D2 are lighter than the original drivers (not sure how much though)

also the hyperlite claws are pretty large and actually make their 6 inch plate closer to 8" when it comes to hindering the flex of the board, unless you are not rail riding and flexing the heck out of the board than maybe hyperlite boots and other non hole boots wont matter much. basically you will lose 4-8" of potential flex throught the length of the board depending on what standard mounting boots you use.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
the drivers are the bindings from the first year that ss came out. if they are heavier it can't be by much, i have a pair of both bindings and all though the drivers aren't as good of bindings and are much more of a hastle to get in and out of, the weight of the two cant be off by that much.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
true^
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I've pretty much sold all my friends slingshot by handing it to them. Unbelievably lightweight
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-16-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Can you even put other bindings on the older Slingshot boards?
Old    Slingshot            04-16-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Gene, you can put any bindings on Slingshot boards except for the 2007 boards.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Honestly I have handled the 09s the 08s and the 07s. The weight difference is minimal I think. The heaviest part of the binding is the rotating plate and the weight of just the plates (including the packaging they were shipped in) is 1.3 pounds. I ride the original drivers which are supposedly the heaviest from what I have heard. People dont realise that its not all about how light your setup is. It is where the weight is. The slingshot boards have incredibly low swingweight. I have older setups that easily weigh in at 15 pounds (hyperlite stuff) and I can do everything on one of those that I can on a slingshot (which is the lightest I have found that isnt 800 bucks for just the board). I have a hard time believing anyone that isnt a pro level rider spinning 9s and 10s can tell the difference in the weight of about a pound in boots when strapped to your board. Just my oppinion. Seems to me getting the lightest set up is just a fad, much like the widest stance, and back in the early 00's the shortest board. (everyone seemed to be riding like 135's that are now riding 140's) As for the original drivers being hard to get into, well with a few modifications it gets a LOT easier. My only real complaint about the original drivers has to do with the thick laces and the clips on the ends. Wish I could get some thinner laces that cinch easier. I will also say this too, my slingshot boots have lasted longer than any other boots i have had since 06. I typically go through a pair or 2 a summer due to overlays ripping. No rips at all on my drivers (knock on wood)
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-16-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
i have all the old stuff the originals my hyperlites are extremly light but i relized its the 4 hole system..the other problem is how long it takes to get into them i fell out of them in a comp last year and it took forever to get back in. so if anyone can get me a good deal on the new bindings please hit me up
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-16-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Brian, I have some brand new 08 CWB Answers for sale, still in the box. Size XL. $150.00
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
take out the lacing for the ankle harness. It makes getting in and out sooooo much easier. I ride the bottom lace really tight and the top on pretty loose to keep the mobility up high but keep my heel and ankle sucked down.