Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
I got to thinking about wakeboarding while I was at work like I usually do. Anyway I was thinking what is the closest anyone has ever been to the wake and edged in W2W. So here is the deal don't talk smack about this unless you have video to prove it. So if anyone already has some video of a close start W2W of yourself post it up. As the season rolls along lets see if anyone can beat it. This may be proof of how bad I need to start riding again, but it sounded fun in my head. Oh yeah we need to establish a rope length on all attempts. We could also break it down by boats.
Old    murrayair            04-14-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
I don't get it. What exactly are we supposed to do?
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-14-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
i think he means whats the shortest distance you have been from a wake, and still be able to jump w2w.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-14-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
i've done it 1 ft from the edge of the trough before, and have it on video, but it's soooO ridiculously shaky you can't tell
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I've done the trough too... one of those things to teach someone they don't need an assload of space to jump.
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, I figure we will see some inches from the start of the trough. What rope length and boat were you behind Josh? Post up the video anyway.